1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
441 Posts
if they made a 16*8 -6 offset i'd rock them!

·
3,857 Posts
So there is no copyright law for the wheel designs?

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Well, with a polished face we can all pretend they aren't knock-offs... Right?

:)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I like 'em! I still want a set of the real ones but these ones would be a nice stand in for a while. I wonder how heavy they are.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I think it's funny how it's always the Cali people that bitch about knockoffs. For one, they don't seem to understand how much more difficult it is to get REAL wheels on the east coast (or anywhere other than CA, for that matter...) and how much more expensive they'll be. I don't know how many times I've read on honda-tech.com "yeah, I just got these XXX JDM rimzors off my boy for 300 bones" That **** just doesn't happen on this side of the country.

Also, it seems that a lot of Cali people are so much more superficial when it comes to car stuff like that...I mean, if I'm looking to buy a wheel, I'm looking at looks, weight, size, and price; not JDM-ness.

Knockoffs and fakes and copies have been around for EVER. Let me ask you this....I'm not sure what came first, the Watanabe, the Panasport, the Minilite, or any other similar design....could it not be that at least one of those is a knockoff, or at least "inspired" by one of the other wheel designs? Would you hate on any of those companies? Doubt it.

I praise Rota for making a good wheel at an affordable price.

I'm totally rambling, my bad...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think it's funny how it's always the Cali people that bitch about knockoffs. For one, they don't seem to understand how much more difficult it is to get REAL wheels on the east coast (or anywhere other than CA, for that matter...) and how much more expensive they'll be. I don't know how many times I've read on Honda-tech.com "yeah, I just got these XXX JDM razors off my boy for 300 bones" That **** just doesn't happen on this side of the country.

Also, it seems that a lot of Cali people are so much more superficial when it comes to car stuff like that...I mean, if I'm looking to buy a wheel, I'm looking at looks, weight, size, and price; not JDM-ness.

Knockoffs and fakes and copies have been around for EVER. Let me ask you this....I'm not sure what came first, the Watanabe, the Panasport, the Minilite, or any other similar design....could it not be that at least one of those is a knockoff, or at least "inspired" by one of the other wheel designs? Would you hate on any of those companies? Doubt it.

I praise Rota for making a good wheel at an affordable price.

I'm totally rambling, my bad...
No offence but you got it a bit wrong, we pay the same amount new for our cool JDM stuff just as much as the east coasters. The thing is, our style of tuning(JdM TyTE yO) is more popular and been going on for a lot longer on the west coast. Yea we get a lot of the latest trends and styles first but we pay the same amount and by using the Internet its a lot fairer. You can buy the same parts from the same local shop I go to because they are on the web now.

Me personally, I don't care about knock offs as long as there not just knocking off the style but the size shape and quality. Theatres a lot of knock off companies selling flimsy bullshit that isn't even called knock off but authentic. **** is getting out of control

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No offence but you got it a bit wrong, we pay the same amount new for our cool JDM stuff just as much as the east coasters. The thing is, our style of tuning(JdM TyTE yO) is more popular and been going on for a lot longer on the west coast. Yea we get a lot of the latest trends and styles first but we pay the same amount and by using the Internet its a lot fairer. You can buy the same parts from the same local shop I go to because they are on the web now.

Me personally, I don't care about knock offs as long as there not just knocking off the style but the size shape and quality. Theatres a lot of knock off companies selling flimsy bullshit that isn't even called knock off but authentic. **** is getting out of control
Shipping four 15 pound boxes to the east coast according to a UPS quote costs about $115. I think that you're missing that our coast is alot closer to Japan than theirs.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.