ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I've been wanting to replace my stock steering wheel with a Momo mod78 350mm leather wheel. I was going to go for a NRG Gen 2.5 quick release but I heard that you definitely will need to do some modifications (cutting off plastic bits, filing some metal off) in order to use it?

A quick release is not a requirement for me so I would rather not chisel away a stuff if I don't need to. I heard that the Works Bell hub (http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...Code=WORKS_HUB) is pretty much plug and play, no modifications required. Is this true?

Any help much appreciated thanks!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
the works bell hub is the one to get. but its much more pricey. i picked up a momo hub for my momo wheel (i was in a pinch and was left without a steering wheel). it took me HOURS to get that fucking momo hub to fit properly. lots of trimming, hole drilling, grinding away and wire snipping. it disgusts me that they would ever actually sell that hub to a miata owner.

if you are ordering one, get the works bell hub

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you kidding me? Ebay Boss Hub $15 shipped, and then spend the rest on your Momo. End Thread...
I don't know. Do they have any durability issues? I don't want my steering to bend into a weird angle halfway through a corner. At least that's what I hear when people talking about the ebay steering wheels, the spokes bend.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I don't know. Do they have any durability issues? I don't want my steering to bend into a weird angle halfway through a corner. At least that's what I hear when people talking about the ebay steering wheels, the spokes bend.
yes ebay steering WHEELS , the hubs are fine they mite have a little play in them and not go on as smoothly and w/o modifying clockspring and such but for the money they arnt bad. theres not much to it. so if you have a nice wheel on shitty hub its no biggie just swap the hub out again when you have money.

·
Registered
15 Posts
i got the boss hub kit. got it for $10 shipped on ebay. works fine for me, and minor wiring mods are gonna be required if you want to wire up the horn and bypass the airbag light.

·
Supporting Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got the boss hub kit. got it for $10 shipped on ebay. works fine for me, and minor wiring mods are gonna be required if you want to wire up the horn and bypass the airbag light.
Did you have to modify the clockspring at all? Does it have any play once it was mounted?

Dont buy ebay hubs. Ask me how i know

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2
What happened??

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Ebay wheels are fine I had one in my na you just have to buy the right one.

Everyone that is saying otherwise never had one. I would buy another. I'm tired of people saying stuff just because if something is cheap it must be bad.

My eBay wheel was great. Next time I buy an aftermarket wheel I won't buy one because I want a certain style but if they had it in an eBay wheel I would buy another.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

1 - 16 of 16 Posts