ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 61 show car wins, both local and regional, 11 magazine articles, local TV shows, a DVD, and countless photos and websites around the world I've decided to retire this vehicle. Problem is what to do with it. Couldn't possibly sell for it's value. I'm thinking about dismanteling and returning it as close as I can to stock. Selling the car and then selling off the extensive amount of parts. Many no longer available. My question is perhaps there's another option I haven't thought of? I'm interested in some imput from you C.netters. The car has sat for 6 months untouched untill today when I installed a new battery. Generally I uncover the car and go to shows, then park it back in the garage. Never intended to build a show car, it just happened as a result of my business. Anyway, what do you think I should I with this vehicle?

Attachments

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
well If you dont drive it Id sell part it out, and If you enjoy driving, Id say part out the expensive appearance items and turn it into a track car, but thats just me

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Sounds like it's time to drive the wheels off of it. Take off the stuff that's unsafe like the floormats, and let it get dirty and driven.

You've worked your ass off on the car, now enjoy it as the car it is. :)

·
Registered
459 Posts
i say part it out, and return it back to stock--or close enough to stock that you can enjoy driving it regularly, and not have to worry about it when you leave it in a parking lot, or movie theatre, etc.

it's a great car, i've followed it since i was ~16 yrs old! cool to see that you will be retiring this car after all those years. good luck with it.

geoff

·
3,857 Posts
The truth is that even the most modified NA can't get more than 10-12K which I believe it's not what you are looking for...
If you have the time to part it out that's the best thing to do...but time=money so I don't know if it's worth it.

My suggestion, put it on ebay with a reserve price that you think is OK.
People will see it and even if you don't get what you want you will have an idea of what you can get...which will help you figure out what you have to do.

How many miles it has?

BTW Just one comment here, the car is awesome but you should not forget that it was built to be a car show winner many years ago and the modified car show scene has changed over the years...

Furthermore for me having a show car miata doesn't make any sense...it's not like having a rare Ferrari 250 gto that you want just to display in car shows...the miatas were built to be driven hard and to have fun with them

·
CR.net Supporter
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for some ideas. Car was purchased new in 91 and now has 170,000 miles. With a few updates I could easily compete in today's car shows. But I'm burnt out on shows now. Can't really drive and park it anywhere. It still draws a ton of onlookers just in front of coffee shops. I now enjoy driving my $50.00 Miata and being able to just close the door and walk away. I think parting the car out may bring more value than a EBay auction. But not an easy return.

Dangerous floormats? That's a new one! It's the most copied item on my car. Look at a Moss catalog lately. The floormats are jammed in so tight I can barely get them out to clean.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Thanks for some ideas. Car was purchased new in 91 and now has 170,000 miles. With a few updates I could easily compete in today's car shows. But I'm burnt out on shows now. Can't really drive and park it anywhere. It still draws a ton of onlookers just in front of coffee shops. I now enjoy driving my $50.00 Miata and being able to just close the door and walk away. I think parting the car out may bring more value than a EBay auction. But not an easy return.

Dangerous floormats? That's a new one! It's the most copied item on my car. Look at a Moss catalog lately. The floormats are jammed in so tight I can barely get them out to clean.
Dangerous wasn't the right word. :) I meant more that they look slippery if you get anything on your shoes. I'd hate those in the rain.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Part it out, and sell it.

I call 1st dibs on the Nielex Hazard and window toggle switches!!! hahahhha

BTW: i would use the money you make rom this once to buy an (NC) PRHT and start tricking it out with dome cool JDM parts!! hehehe :mrgreen:

PhatMiata

·
CR.net Supporter
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Part it out, and sell it.

I call 1st dibs on the Nielex Hazard and window toggle switches!!! hahahhha

BTW: i would use the money you make rom this once to buy an (NC) PRHT and start tricking it out with dome cool JDM parts!! hehehe :mrgreen:

PhatMiata
Funny, We've been tossing around the idea of a PRHT..

Having a track car isn't a option. I prefer to watch than participate. I enjoy driving the car but having five vehicles isn't very practical.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
I think the NC thing is a great idea. There is a lot of stuff coming out for them now and it would be adding a whole new market to your business.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
Leni: I've seen your car a couple of times and it's in a class of its own :) It's almost a shame to have to part it out... but I guess that would be the best way to retire it.

[vulture]
What sideskirts are those anyways? Do you still have the Garage Vary hood?[/vulture]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts