ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
1,213 Posts
Re: Fuel fill lid: M2 vs. Autoblaze vs. BSP?

M2 lid looks nothing like those ones

you missed out Zoom-Engineering ...

I reckon it was probably zoom that designed it had them produced by Autoblaze and then let them continue to sell them and supply zoom !!?

much in the same way that Koga-san designed the retro bucket seats that Nakamae make, he designed them and got Nakamae to make them and also let him sell through Nakamae shop ...

BSP for sure must have copied one of the other two ...

anyway here is a picture of the M2-Incorporated lid, can't believe I let one slip through my hands on UK ebay last year :|

Attachments

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Fuel fill rids: M2 vs. Zoom vs. Autoblaze vs. BSP?

Thanks for the explanation.

On the M2 lid, is that "disc" area a tab with a key hole under it? If it has a lock does that mean that you can't use the interior cable release with it? (i.e. the lock supersedes the spring)

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Re: Fuer firr rids: M2 vs. Zoom vs. Autoblaze vs. BSP?

Yep, that is where the key goes, M2 rules. And i think AutoBlaze was the original, and they are outta bidnez now.

·
4,436 Posts

AB one was polished and required LOTS and LOTS of upkeep - even came with polisher compund to keep it looking nice. The best bang for the buck now is the factory 5 racing one that can be fitted to the NA easily.

·
4,436 Posts

anyway here is a picture of the M2-Incorporated lid, can't believe I let one slip through my hands on UK ebay last year :|
Man, if it takes me 5 more years to find one, I will have an authentic M2 unit - Michael, I cannot believe you let one go...last one I saw on Yahoo Japan was in the $600 USD range #-o

·
Registered
153 Posts

I've got the Autoblaze fuel lid. Yup, it tarnished real quickly and required a lot of polishing. So I had it chromed. Sometimes I regret having it chromed ....

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts

Sorry for the newb question: is the M2 lid the only "vintage" style lid out there that will open w/ a key? I'd like to eliminate the cable pull, and would like a reasonably affordable option!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The M2 lid is the only locking one I've seen before.

I'm currently developing a kit to fit the locking (or non-locking) Sparco lid on NAs. The Sparco is $140 + $30 for the funnel, so I'm not sure how much more the market will bear for the price of a kit to expedite mounting it in the fender. Painting the entire fender would be par for the course, so it would be most suitable in cases where someone's installing flares or a body kit and planning paint work on the l/r fender anyway.

http://billwilner.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album19

·
1,213 Posts

Man, if it takes me 5 more years to find one, I will have an authentic M2 unit - Michael, I cannot believe you let one go...last one I saw on Yahoo Japan was in the $600 USD range #-o

it went for £85 ( $145 ) !!! aaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :oops:

I was 99% sure what it was and it was mint, better than that lat one on JYA and I stupidly thought I would just stick to my zoom one :shock: what the hell was I thinking :shock: the minute the listing ended I knew I had messed up BIG Time !

I also missed an M2-1001 gauge pod the year before ( that time I didn't know what it was ) which went for £65 :shock:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

it went for £85 ( $145 ) !!! aaaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :oops:

I was 99% sure what it was and it was mint, better than that lat one on JYA and I stupidly thought I would just stick to my zoom one :shock: what the hell was I thinking :shock: the minute the listing ended I knew I had messed up BIG Time !

I also missed an M2-1001 gauge pod the year before ( that time I didn't know what it was ) which went for £65 :shock:
Keeeeeeeeee riiiiipes, Mike! How can you sleep at night?!

·
4,436 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
I am so not a fabricator, especially when it comes to bodywork. Anyone have a monster miata that they could take pics of/steal ideas from?

·
1,213 Posts

Attachments

1 - 20 of 39 Posts