ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Time flies by so fast, it's certainly been quite some time since I last posted on this thread and a lot have happened to the car. about a year after the last update the 1.6 stopped working properly so it was time to upgarde, I went with the VVT swap and I have plans for a N/A build with throttle bodies. About a month after the swap the rear knuckle broke in half while I was crusing at very slow speed which sent me spining 180 degrees and onto the sidewalk finally resting on 2 trash cans, that was the perfect excuse for me to refurbish and upgrade most of the major suspension components. Polubushings all around and a set of Tein Street Advnce for the NB where installed on Yoshiko, yes that's the name of the car :D You can also follow the build on Instagram, my account is @yoshiko_themerlotcosmo

·
Registered
545 Posts
Great work so far! I also spot a wheel upgrade, you certainly aren't resting on your laurels as far as mods go!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Great work so far! I also spot a wheel upgrade, you certainly aren't resting on your laurels as far as mods go!
I went through 2 more sets and now I settled with a set of Autostar Classics. Many more mods where done to the car after the engine swap, and since I've been off work for almost a year due to Covid, I managed to tackle some neglected spots and give them some TLC!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Since we're on Lockdown and the car just sits there I thought what better opportunity to tackle some of the surface rust that was hidding under the bumper and in the trunk. Treated her with a fresh new battery as well :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've always been a huge sucker for the old slant nose 935 Porsche, the SA22c and the RWB creations of Nakai San, so I thought I'de try and combine all these styles and make my very own bumper. I grabbed a dozen of expanding foam cans, 5kg of drywall filler, and lots of sandpapers. The next step was all about my imagintions limit. good thing with the foam is that you can trim as much as you want since you can always fill on top and reshape as you please, I ended up doing that multiple times before I got the final shape. The bumper is now at my mechanics shop because it's warmer there and it'll be easier for me to work on the mould.
107.jpg

21 - 30 of 30 Posts