ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda diggin the retro seat look laltely speically the ones made by Nakamae but daym they`re expensive! I saw the Corbeau Classic and while not as nice as the Nakamae its helluva lot cheaper and readily available. Any other alternative to these? Anybody have interior pics?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but what is with all those "racing seats" on ebay? Whay are they so inexpensive?
Because 16 yr old kids with mommy and daddies visa don't know how to search for a GOOD seat but want to look really cool driving around town in their "Race car".

·
Registered
204 Posts
I always liked the retro seat look too, and I like the Corbeaus not just for their looks and the price, but that they come with a headrest that I can tinker with and see if I can find some way to mount headrest speakers.

I don't know how much the Cobra Classics are, but at 250 per seat msrp for a Corbeau Classic - I won't feel bad cutting into it, or even ruining it, 'cause they're cheap and available.

As for the Cobra Classic - they do make a similar model called the Classic CS - it's pretty much the same as the regular classic, but with a headrest. Looks almost exactly like the Corbeau.

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Try the Cobra Classic Lowback w/Headrest Option. They are probably the best looking for the price. You would most likley have to special order them in any other color than black, and also special order the headrest. Im sure any "Authorized" dealer can special order them for you, maybe get with Jay @ C2-Auto? I smell a group buy coming on. :twisted:

Phatty :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
man all those seats are purty...phat, freedom do you have any pics of them installed in a miata?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've had my eyes on the Nakamae retro buckets for a while now, and the vinyl versions don't seem to be very expensive given they can be used with stock rails(?). Only part I wonder about is how much shipping might be from Japan. :shock:

... time to go lose some weight!

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
man all those seats are purty...phat, freedom do you have any pics of them installed in a miata?
I think i DO have some pics on my home computer, ill see if i can locate and post them if Kyle doesnt beat me to it, hahaha :mrgreen:

I've had my eyes on the Nakamae retro buckets for a while now, and the vinyl versions don't seem to be very expensive given they can be used with stock rails(?). Only part I wonder about is how much shipping might be from Japan. :shock:

... time to go lose some weight!

The Yen is not as expensive as it used to be. The main thing on the price is that Nakamae is not some HUGE company like those other guys, so you are paying a little extra for the handmade quality, AND you have to wait for your seats becasue they are (MTO) MADE TO ORDER.

And yes Nakamae is lighter than stock, and yes they use the stock sliding seat rails. :mrgreen: However i will say they are engineered for a JDM buttocks, as is, they are a very tight fit.

Phatty

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Here is a start from Moderno24's site........... (under JDM links)

RED Classic Cobra's in WHITE NA Eunos Roadster

TAN Classic Cobra's in RED NA Eunos Roadster

BLACK Classic Cobra's in MONTEGO NA Eunos Roadster

Hope this helps?

PhatMiata

·
Registered
30 Posts
Those don't look half bad. Not diggin' the bolsters where they round off/curve towards the top.

Pssssst... Nakamae GB! :p

·
Registered
204 Posts
+1 on the GB.

I'd be down for a pair of the less expensive vinyl Naks - maybe a little more expensive (plus the shipping cost, and waiting for them to arrive from Japan), but I'd pay for the convenience of a true plug-n-play seat.

I'd also be in for a pair of Cobras, or maybe if we really go cheap we can go in for a bunch of the Corbeaus (their site advertises them for 250 a piece msrp)...

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Hopefully Corbeau has changed their seat brackets, becasue the ones they offer for Miata dont fit. I tryed them on 3 differnt Miatas, the bolt holes DO NOT line up.

But for $250 per seat, heck you can just reweld and redrill. I think the seat brackets are like $80 each?

PhatMiata

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks for the pics phat, the more i`m likin these type of seats but Cobra headrests look kinda funky the way their tilted back like that...easily remedied tho.

AFA the Corbeau seat rails go, I recently got one for the drivers side mounted on a Konig seat and the fit is really good, they got it worked out so its cocked to the side ala OEM so the seat clears both the tranny tunnel and the seat belt pillar...I`m thru dickin around w/ DYI seat brakets and rails and at $69 its a good deal.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I think both the Sparco Milano and Recaro SR-6 ASM LIMITED are nice reclining seats. The OEM Recaro seats in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII and IV are also nice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts