ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, the continuation of the parts I got for Christmas still. I've been very slowly getting to install all of these, and after this i still have the trunk prop to do at some point. :)

So this weekend I threw on the Cobalt hood lift kit. it's a single damper mounted on the driver's side.

The bracket/toggle would barely fit the top hole in the hood for the bracket. It was such a tight fit I actually mounted it in the wrong place the first time since it wouldn't fit the narrow slot. I was so convinced of this, i blew a new mounting hole in the bracket with the plasma cutter! Of course, then the hood wouldn't shut, so i had to reinvestigate the very narrow slot and finally barely made the upper toggle squeeze in.

Once the brackets were mounted, I got the hood strut on. I can't emphasize this enough; THIS HOOD STRUT IS TOO STRONG. Period. It bends the hood! I can read my fender vin tag through the gap it makes!

The hood closes fine, but i really hate how slowly it comes up, and how crooked the hood sits when latched closed. There's an obvious distortion to the hood angle. I'll post pics later.

I'm kinda forced to say "spend the money on Tein or similar", as this Cobalt piece isn't cutting it. I"m going to investigate the possibility of a similar length, but much less damped strut when i have time, but as of right now, I can't reccomend this unit.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I'm curious as to the track dog dual hool lift setup..

I also wonder if the Moss Trunk lift is as bad as the hood one...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dunno. it's still waiting for install. I'm scared now, because it requires I drill.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts