ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Background Info:
A few weeks ago, my exhaust broke, it split right at the flange that connects the midpipe to the muffler. I noticed this as I arrived at an autox and luckily I was still allowed to run. Without the muffler, I was essentially running a straight pipe. The exhaust note was alright below 4k but as soon as I got up in the power band, it got obnoxiously loud. I was in need of a new exhaust, read reviews and was set on getting a Borla but then I found the Enthuza exhaust which is just about the same price but with bigger piping.

Exhaust construction:
I got the stainless steel version, 2.5" midpipe with resonator and 3" tip. Welds look great and looks of great quality and it is just so shiney. It is a shame that it's going underneath the car where the bling factor goes unnoticed.

Install:
Since I replaced the stock cat with a FM cat a few months ago, it was very easy to get the old exhaust off. Total time was about 30 minutes after gathering the right tools.

First 30 miles:
Took it out for a drive and the tone is very deep and throaty. Just pulling out of the garage, I set off the car alarm of the car parked in front of my house. It was so deep to the point that I felt that this was not the exhaust I was expecting and it is just too loud.

30-500 Miles later:
I had a 7 hour drive ahead of me, ~450 miles. On this drive, it started out loud and deep to the point it was hurting my ears to drive. As the drive progressed, the exhaust got quieter and quieter and quite tame. IMO, it's not very loud and is very tasteful. So now, it's pretty quiet below 4k and as I rev it up, it progressively gets louder. It's not buzzy or raspy, just a smooth tone through the whole rev range. Cruising at 80mph, it's pretty quiet and dealable for a 7 hour drive, unfortunately, there is the 3k drone and is almost unbearable but who drives 60mph on the highway anyway.

I know, it's not JDM, but it sounds pretty good. All in all, totally worth the $400.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just very excited about my new exhaust. :D

Kevin

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
We're excited for you. Thanks for the review, Kevin. Even without a loud exhaust many Roadster owners have taken to wearing foam ear plugs for long road trips to deal with the wind and tire noise.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WHATTTTTT? DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?!

lol

Nah, I really don't think it's that loud. I guess it's because my old exhaust was on the way out with a bunch of holes in it. So it's quieter than that one. :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the Enthuza non-resonated on my '91. Talk about loud!!!! You can hear me about 2 miles away. I have to keep it below 3K to get out of the neighborhood in the mornings. I know when I would drive on the interstates the 3K droon would get old. I really do like the sound it gives though not ricey at all even though it was loud it was deeeeeeeeeep.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where are you? I would really like to compare resonated and non-resonated versions of this exhaust.

Kevin

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am in K-Town TN or Knoxville for those who don't know the area. I am sure I can get a sound clip for you. I can set off alarms off I know that for sure. I also know that when I was doing Miata events people would want to be in front of me from the sound just ask Phinz!!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update:

After driving about 1500 miles with the exhaust on, the exhaust note has settled and is very tasteful. The sound is very linear, sounds very mean upon start up. Also, i said it wasn't very loud in my initial post and I take that back. It's quite loud, but I like it. I just can't get enough of it. I'm wasting so much gas just revving it up and driving to the redline. Also, I was driving in NYC and we all know how noisy it is there at night, my brother said he could hear me from three blocks away. That is just awesome!

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
are these still for sale? I thought they went out of business

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
enthuzacar.com is their website, I really want one of these this year too, or Ill have something similar made.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Ive had a Enthusa nonrez for 3 years.
After the first year the Borla muffler blew out and it got really loud.
After getting pulled over by highway patrol for excesive noise, I welded a resonator inline.
Still sounds good, but I keep wanting to try different mufflers for the hell of it.
I can't leave anything alone!
#-o

1 - 13 of 13 Posts