ClubRoadster.net banner

REVIEW: Revlimiter horn button

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  GreaseMonkey2000 
#1 · (Edited)
This is my first 'offical review' so please be patient and understanding to anything i leave out and feel free to ask questions, etc.

Background: I had been bothering Revlimiter about custom horn buttons since he started doing epoxy/resin decals/emblems and I'm sure he had been contemplating them long before a Miata even entered into my mind.

So when Adam aka Revlimiter said they were finally ready i jumped on it and ordered but as usual deciding color and design(custom or Prototipo) was not easy. For the sake of ease i decided to just get a OTS(off the shelf) Prototipo but still couldn't decide on color. After getting Adam's opinion, i decided against white or black and go with red to give it some pop.

Received my wonderful Revlimiter goodies from Adam and as usual it was packaged exceptionally well.

Laid out and looking gorgeous!

I took several pics just to show the differences and similarities between the Momo Corse horn button and the Revlimiter button.

Here is a comparison from the top, the Momo Corse horn button at 58mm outer diameter(52mm inner diameter) vs the Revlimiter horn button is larger at 60mm outer diameter(55mm inner diameter just below the lip of the horn button) .

A side comparison to show the height/depth difference, 17mm for the Momo Corse and 16mm for the Revlimiter horn button:

Finally a comparison of the back side and contacts, Momo Corse on the left and Revlimiter on the right:

You will quickly notice the striking similarity in construction/quality but the Revlimiter horn button has two advantages and that is that the center contact for the horn signal/positive will rotate making it easier to orient the wire and it had two ground contacts while the Momo only has one.

Installation was a cinch and took only a few minutes. Here is a comparison again of the Momo Corse horn button vs the Revlimiter horn button on a 320mm Momo Corse steering wheel:

320 Momo Corse steering wheel w/ Revlimiter red Prototipo horn button(oriented upside down..because Warbird):

320mm Momo Corse w/ Momo Corse horn button, close up:

320mm Momo Corse w/ Revlimiter red Prototipo horn button, close up(oriented upside down..because Warbird):

Again the camera/lighting/photos DO NOT do this Revlimiter product justice!!

Breakdown:

Customer Service: 10/10(best)- Adam has hands down the best customer service i have ever encountered and every single transaction is just as satisfying as the other. Even after a rather relaxed relationship/acquaintance has been established he still treats as a customer first and in a good way.

Installation Difficulty: 1(easy)/10(very difficult)- It really doesn't get much easier than this. Just remove the old horn which includes disconnecting the two wires(signal and ground) and that is pretty much it. I did have a retaining ring in between the steering wheel and hub which it simply kept the Momo horn button really snug but not needed with the Revlimiter horn button.

Aesthetics: 9.5/10- The horn button looks fantastic and most would not think twice about thinking it was made by a well respected/major manufacturer with hundreds, or more, of employee's and a large factory backing production. Why 9.5 instead of 10? Well because i want to be perfectly honest and there is some 'flash casting'(if thats correct at all) around the bottom edges of the horn button lip, nothing that is obvious, distracting or even that needs to be changed...just being honest.

Functionality: 10/10- Obviously this is not a complex piece with multiple parts and obviously the main part of this is not actually made by Adam but he clearly spent countless hours researching and more than likely buying multiple horn buttons before finding the right one. Again this speaks volumes about not only his attention to detail but Adam's desire to put out quality parts that can be enjoyed for years to come. You press the button and it has a nice amount of resistance with out sticking or feeling really any different than the Momo or Nardi button's i have used.

Price: 1(low)/10(high)- I really feel Adam does his utmost to put out quality custom parts at the most aggressively competitive price that he can while still keeping the business going. I feel like so many parts makers charge xx just because they can and have no competition but again Adam seems to be as fair and competitive as possible even though he has little to no competition for many parts. If anything Adam could probably charge more and still be fair/good value.

Overall i think the construction, quality and fitment are top notch and near or better than OEM(depending on example). Of course function is just as important and it is just as expected from Revlimiter, great! You press the horn button and when installed correctly the horn sounds and pedestrians/children run for their life! j/k

Personally I'm not completely sold on the red for the background(for my car/theme/etc) because i just don't think it flows with everything else but i knew it was a risk going with a red horn button so more than likely a custom 'Warbird Edition' horn button will replace it in time, so be ready Adam!

Some might feel this review to be overly optimistic but i assure your pessimistic outlook is unfounded(or founded depending on your viewpoint) if you have never had/bought a Revlimiter product and the over whelming praise and support from the community is well earned....don't believe me? Well give Adam a chance to make you a believer! :icon_cheers:

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks for the review Chad!!!! Especially on the price one. 1/10 on price is the highest possible praise.

I laid a few mass market horn buttons in the center of my flock while taking product pix. The Momo and Nardi really didn't stand out as being made in a factory. They looked perfectly at home in the center of the group of my own buttons. I didn't take any pix because I didn't think folks would be interested. Mostly it was a final test for me to see if I was producing stuff up to par with Momo's buttons. I was happy to pass my own test. :D

Anyways, thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.