ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I donno if anyone's familiar with these. One of my favorite Momo sellers used to carry them and then ran out of stock. Today I was browsing FM's website and guess what I found? http://www.flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4545&parentid=0&stocknumber=23-96300

Yeah, I ordered one.

Just thought I'd pass along the link to this apparently-rare part. I always wondered why they suddenly disappeared from the face of the earth before I could buy one. Guess they just stopped making them.

·
CR.net Supporter
293 Posts
They look pretty sweet and kinda old-skoolish too. I've been thinking about picking one up but I'm trying to keep from buying anything for myself or I mean my car until the holidays are over. Clubroadster.net stickers don't count! :)

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya. I had no plans to buy car parts for myself, but this was a necessity. According to FM, they're getting 50 and many (most?) are already pre-ordered.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Damn......I think I found exactly what I was looking for to use in my FC.

·
Esteemed Veteran Member
972 Posts
Adam, I looked at your site and didn't see that you installed the shift light.

I bought two of them during the FM sale, and was looking for installation location options.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heh. I've never mounted it. It is still sitting on a shelf. My plan has always been to put it above the steering column and in front of the gauges.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Rev,

any suggestions for someone wanting one of these revlights, but already uses a mazdaspeed trap timer?

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On top of the gauge cowl perhaps? It would juuuust peek over your wheel.

FM is selling a new version of this shift light, btw. It's on the site under "Interior".

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Adam,

There's 2 different body styles and each have 2 different LED options depending on your requirements. They're actually made here in Australia but have distributors worldwide.

Have a look at their gallery, the one with the flat base is very flexible in where it can be fitted: on top of the steering cowl/top of the dash/base of windscreen are some of the examples.

Have a look at https://www.ecliptech.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=59&Itemid=109

Cheers
Guy

·
Banned
478 Posts
target, thanks :mrgreen: . . . like A LOT.

I'm debating the cowl idea you suggested Adam, but I don't want to be ignorantly considered some type of 'newage ricer' by outsiders, so I've got to be careful.

it's beyond functional!, there's no doubt by me that this would be of high benefit to my driving. even off track, but I'll spend a bit considering other locations before purchase.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts