ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being on the back burner for around four years and in active development for the past eight months, NC gauges finally exist!!

Hit my store to see them. I've got five designs to kick things off with. And I'll spoil them below because I'm so proud. :)

Warbird

NC1 manual

in automatic form

And NC2/3 form!

Each gauge has a bunch of possible permutations. You have the three "generations", different faces depending on the transmission, and various speed scales used throughout the world. It makes NC gauges a big job.

Sunstorm

The big challenge was getting the indicator and warning lights right. The NC cluster has extremely dim LEDs generating all of the light. It took me quite a lot of work and prototyping to make a warning light that was visible in the daytime.

But I did it!

Stirling

The cluster is also extremely confined. The various warning lights and automatic transmission guts remove a lot of design options. The amber/red LED lighting further limits things. You can't just order a gauge face and change the lighting color. You have to unsolder and resolder tiny LEDs to do that.

But I made it work.

JNC

and

Spyder

I've got the Spyder gauges in my own NC right now. They feel... perfect.

If you want to read more about the NC gauges, hit my blog. If you'd like to get a set for your own NC, they're in stock and ready for ordering in the store.

Sorry for the delay on these, NC folks. I hope it was worth the wait!

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if CR even gets enough traffic anymore for this to be worth posting, but I might as well.

HELP!!!

As you can see above, NC gauges are now in my shop. But I only have the US-spec 150 MPH gauges available.

This is because that's all I have in the shop. I have NC1 and NC2/3 US-MPH scans (the speed scales are different), but all of the NINE NC clusters I own are US-spec.

Mazda made at least three different km/h speed scales on the NC1.
-180 km/h
-200 km/h
-240 km/h

I'm not sure on the NC2/3, but I suspect all three exist for that as well.

If anyone out there has a metric NC and would like to help out, I will give you an excellent discount on whatever gauges you would like to have made. An EXCELLENT discount.

I need scans. Flat bed scans of NC gauges. Full color and anything around 300 to 600 dpi would work. Modern scanners do 3200 dpi and better, but I don't need that kind of resolution. I just need the flat aspect ratio of a scanner. A photo won't work.

Email me if you can help.
adam at revlimiter dot net

Even thread bumps help. I'm sorry to lean on the community for this, but that's the only way I'm gonna be able to collect scans of all the various NC gauges Mazda made over the years.

thanks!

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More gauges are up and ready for NC orders!!

I've got Dragstrip, the yellow version of the Burnout gauges posted earlier:

and I've got Zen, an extremely minimal design and a personal favorite.

More designs coming as I get time to convert them or orders for them!

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two more NC gauge designs.

This is Version Zero. It's another minimalist design.

and this is a redesign of the Spyder gauges I launched just a few weeks ago.

I figured out color matched icons for white gauges!

I'm so proud of these. They're in my own NC right now. They've made every drive a pleasure since installing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
trying to decide on JNC or Dragstrip for a christmas gift to myself :)

can you post a picture of Dragstrip lit up?

Thank you for your work!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts