ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Center Indicators (NA)

• All-plastic, hand-crafted replacement indicator panel for MOST NA Miatas (91?-97). You need the gauge cluster that came with the row of four indicators at the bottom. Very early cars did not have this feature.
  • This piece allows you to relocate the AIR BAG and pop-up/retractor indicators to the center of the cluster. Most aftermarket gauges (including all revlimiter Gauges) remove these from the tachometer.
  • A one-time modification. It will work with any and all future gauge sets you might install in your Miata.
  • The unused ABS and Washer Level indicators are swapped out for the AIRBAG and RETRACTOR indicators.
Go to my store for price and ordering info!

Instructions to install this piece are here!

Most aftermarket gauges (including ALL of mine) delete the airbag and retractor/popup indicators present on the factory tach. This isn't a problem for most people, but there are a few areas in the world where the airbag light is a required part of yearly inspection. Now, thanks to the revlimiter.net Center Indicator, there's nothing more to worry about. Just swap out the stock piece with this one, do a small wiring change, and pass inspection every time.

And before you ask, I can make custom versions of this little guy if anyone would like non-OEM indicator icons. They could be had for the base price plus design time at $30 per hour.

·
Banned
478 Posts
its incredible how well thought out all of your ideas are; & to execute them to the same level is beyond normal comprehension.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its incredible how well thought out all of your ideas are; & to execute them to the same level is beyond normal comprehension.
I'd love to take all of the credit, but the idea for this came from a custom order. After 5 very different prototypes, I finally made something nice. Something I could be proud to sell. And it became a real product.

BTW, thanks for the very kind words. :)

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
bump...need to look at this sober.
*.i has as hell pd a tie doing this wiekrhb three. listed send amz,....

i "ll translat tomrrro

·
//banned
9,131 Posts
bump...need to look at this sober.
*.i has as hell pd a tie doing this wiekrhb three. listed send amz,....

i "ll translat tomrrro
i had a hell of a time figuring out this portion of the gauges when i put my kg works cluster in, rossa gauges and troubleshooting why my gauges weren't moving...

i had three clusters at one point and basically mixed and matched between all three of them.

i don't think i NEED this piece, but it's a great idea!

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have you thought of moving the turn signal indicators down to that area, for those with smaller steering wheels?
That might be a bit harder. It could probably be done, but you'd have to figure out the wiring yourself. But I could make a piece like that. That wouldn't be at all difficult.

The nice thing about the airbag/retractor/abs/washer is that they're all on the same plug and all use the same ground. Just shuffling wires on that plug is super simple.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i don't think i NEED this piece, but it's a great idea!
Yeah, if you have the KGW cluster, then this overlay isn't needed. You could still do the wiring change to make the outside lights operate with the retractor and airbag. I did this to Sharka to make sure the wiring would work. It's great! This is my first time having a visible airbag light since 2004.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Looks like more good work... Of course, I have ABS and (soon) no air bag, but look forward to seeing some cool designs with custom icons.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like more good work... Of course, I have ABS and (soon) no air bag, but look forward to seeing some cool designs with custom icons.
Does your ABS light ever actually turn on? In any condition (abs is working/pulsing, abs fuse is pulled, low brake fluid, etc)? I've never heard first-hand evidence of anyone seeing that light in action. And I'd LOVE to hear that some Miata somewhere had a working ABS light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts