ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm over in Florida in May, I'm going to do the Richard Petty driving shindig at Orland (thought about Daytona, but its more money for a more famous track). I've done the Dale Jarrett school at Kansas City Speedway a couple of years ago; that was half a dozen laps or so with an instructor. This will be 10 laps unaccompanied, but behind a pace car. Was wondering if anyone has done this; do the pace cars trundle along too slow? I think this time I'm gonna try and nail the car. Is the Orlando track more of a Mickey Mouse track, or is it a proper Oval?

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
A friend of mine did the Mickyard in January. He loved it. He was turning laps somewhere in the 120ish range. The pace car wasn't holding him back.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a "tri-Oval" - Use this link to the Google map Richard Petty Driving Experience Then slect the Satelite map feature, you'll see the track really well. I hear it's a fun experience.

How long you going to be in town?
Couple of weeks, staying with friends who have a holiday place in Leesburg, then heading over to Missouri for a week. My friend's wife has mapped out my time there to the hour :?

Day 1: arrive, sleep
Day 2: Shopping, Shades of Green.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts