ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Richbrook = Tat.

"Scratch Resistant real chrome finish" is the giveaway. Depends if you think $50 for that is cheap.

Installed in a MX5:

Mike Satur gear surround for £17, if you can get it:

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Please define "tat."

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
see..... I would like something similar in a brushed aluminum finish for my NB....

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
tat

noun
1. tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar [syn: cheapness]

I agree ... I ordered a Richbrook from Ebay last year ... I can't speak for all their products or suppliers but it was ... let's say subpar; the chrome finish was spotty and streaked and the "frame" was warped. I ended up having to ship it back across the pond and then the seller wasn't very responsive in returning my money or shipping another out ... I ended up giving him a neutral because I did get my money back and the bastard gave me the only negative I have!

Buyer beware on this product!

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Aesthetically I like how the Mike Satur version has a wider flange for the screws. The screw holes on the Richbrook version look very close to the edge and there doesn't appear to be much support around the holes.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Mike Satur is a small bespoke operation; hence it can be quite hard to order stuff from there. Richbrook; well, its a common brand found in high street motor stores. I guess a lot of their stuff comes from sweat shops in the far east, to get the price down.

Though you can see the Mike Satur part doesn't exactly work if you paint your centre console.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
There's something out there for everyone's budget so long as people are informed of what they're getting themselves into. Thanks for sharing Jesse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts