ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Great scott!
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New toy here. Sold both of my vintage Beetles to pay off some bills and bought this car with some of the profits. My GTO needs a tranny, so I had an excuse to get another car. :woolery:

As I bought it off of an eBay classified ad.

1992 Base Miata. No options. (and I mean NO options). Crystal white, black cloth, black top. 128,xxx miles. California car till 2005. Came with a Spec Miata exhaust installed.

^ My big dumb head driving it.

The wheels were all curbed up, so I threw a coat of bronze on them real quick.

Cleaned up the engine bay and installed a wrinkle red valve cover. It needed a vc gasket anyways, so it worked out nicely. Just did a tune up, runs great now. Also had to throw a slave on it.

Future plans are pretty straight forward. Hardtop, Vmaxx coils, lip kit, duckbill decklid and some wheels. Leaning towards 13's right now but I cant find a wheel I particularly like. I wish I could find some 13" Panasports with good offsets.

Anyways, thats my car. I'll update as things progress. :fab:

·
Registered
284 Posts
rick... have my babies. Also... this is minimusprime from m|u.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Oh haiii Erik.

I find it funny we both use our real names as member names over here. lol
Herro...

I weighed the options and decided it was a bad idea to double down on the gay facter... Posting on a miata forum with a name with "mini" in it. :fab: :woolery:

·
Great scott!
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some pictures.

Here is the new Mod 88 wheel, short throw shifter and gauges by revlimiter.net. Adam is a good guy, go buy his gauges.

Heres a block off plate for the rear view mirror I made. Ive got a ton of material left in case anyone wants one.

And you have to support your local small town auto parts stores.

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
Hmmmmm. I dunno, will it fit in the 2 and not cause me to die when I try and snow drift? lol. You would pick that pic hahaha.

Yay clutch kick! If you want an LSD there's one in the classifieds right now... I might take another CT roadtrip if you wanted to go.... :)

·
Great scott!
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those door panels look outstanding! That Momo is sharp as well.

Oh, and nice gauges. :D
Thanks!

I actually ditched the MOMO recently in favor of an early NB style Nardi. The 330mm wheel is just way too small for a car with a manual rack. I wanna reupholster the wheel and add a little girth :)woolery:) to the stock wheel. Im still used to driving my MINI with a JCW wheel that was very girthy. :)fab:)

i was looking at that same fabric!!!!!!!!
I was at the store, doing the quick math in my head... 'lets see... two door panels, boots, arm rest... 4 yards sounds about right.'

Yeah, turns out 4 yards is alot of fabric. lol, Ive got a bunch extra if you want some!

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
I used to autocross an NB with a manual rack and 330mm Mazdaspeed D-cut (a wheel I really want in my collection). Aside from parking in the pits, it was great. The NB rack is really a lot nicer than the NA.

·
Great scott!
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used to autocross an NB with a manual rack and 330mm Mazdaspeed D-cut (a wheel I really want in my collection). Aside from parking in the pits, it was great. The NB rack is really a lot nicer than the NA.
The D cut was nice for the legroom, but the thing that really bothered me was not being able to see the gauges.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts