ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 96 canadian left hand drive miata since november, but wanted something rust free. Most of our cars are rotten, such as my last car. full of bondo and rust.

I found this car, and just brought it home. Its a 1992. First things needed are new wheels, and better coils. Its riding on 16x7 +40 with 205/50/16, and one wheel is bent. Its got raceland coils which sucks.

It does have 949 racing sway bar end links and some type of header. Poly bushings and a hardtop with is a bonus. The paint is original, and the car is rust free :)

Just thought I'd share. Time to save up and get some new coilovers and wheels. Thinking of going the 15x8 et15 route with 195/50.

suggestions? comments?

Attachments

·
Registered
945 Posts
Looks like a tight car. It needs some "cleaning up" though. Take all the stickers off, replace the green zipties with black ones, ditch the front plate, fix the painted dash and either repaint the floor or find a carpet. Wheels will make a huge diff too.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the painted dash makes me want to puke. I am a fan of tan interior. New carpet is pretty cheap so I plan on going that route. The driver's seat is a little worn but shouldn't have too much trouble finding a passenger cdn car seat to replace this rhd driver one.

What would you suggest I do with the front plate? get one of those deals that mounts it to one of the baby teeth, off to the side?

and yeah. these wheels suck. plus one is bent. so its a lose lose.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Yeah, the Garagestar plate bracket is $45 and looks nice. Welcome to the jungle!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish my miata was RHD. Dont rush it take your time and fix it right. Your lucky your biggest issue is only a carpet haha
and fix everything that was half-assed done with this car.

I'm not too worried about the carpet. I see that new sets are about 300. Main concern now is getting new wheels, and coilovers.

I'm enjoying the rhd. It didn't take much to get used to at all :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts