ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a couple of years ago, I was selling my OEM front bumper. I posted it in M.Net classifieds & got a reply from some older dude in San Diego.

I can't remember his name...I think like Dave or Jim or Bill...one of those common American names. He was in his late-50s or early 60s. Drove up in some "special edition" Mazda Tribute. He said he was somehow involved w/ Mazda or Simpson Design or something like that....arrrggghh, I wish I could remember!!!

Anyways he drives up to Corona (where I was living at the time)...and being a gracious fellow Miataphile, I offered him to come inside and have a drink before his long drive back to SD.

We get to talking about Miata customizing, etc, etc...so I showed him my "collection" (if you could call 6 or 7 issues that) of Road&Ster. He was thrilled as he has never seen or heard of such a magazine (I think back then, most of us haven't...I just happened to find them at a Japanese bookstore one day & bought one...went back following month for another one & so on). I told him he could borrow them if he liked...as long as I get them back in the same condition. He said no problem.

That was back in late '04...I've never seen or heard from this guy again.

Very un-Miata/Roadster Life-ish...don't you guys think?!?!

Anyways...just wanted to vent. I don't know why I've never come into this section of ClubRoadster before...???

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
That sucks bro, i let a member of my old local club borrow one at a meeting and never saw it or him again, (expensive lesson at $20+ each)after that i always leave my issues at home.

You can always check Ebay for older back issues to help rebuild your collection?

Phatty

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Randy, that was a tongue in cheek story about Bill Wilner!

Funny stuff! HAHAHA!!

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
That does suck. Send me your address and I'll help you start a new collection with a free copy of R&S # 48
WHAT?!?!

You guys are buying this story?!?!

:shock:

Well, Randy jacked my collection of all the issues of Air Roadster magazine!! :x

M

·
0 Posts
HEY! It wasn't me!

I just turned 50 and he said that thief was late-50s 2 years ago.

:evil:

·
Registered
692 Posts
i think that pic of bill was taken at the japanese classic car show in long beach... or a gay bar

just messin bill;-)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, believe it or not...the story IS true.

No, I don't believe I've met the Bill here on this forum...well, maybe saw him once @ KINOD, but didn't actually meet him.

No, I'm pretty sure its not Bill here. This dude is from San Diego.

As for the FREE R&S #48...are you serious? If so, that's really cool...but, I probably shouldn't be starting any collections again...looking at all the pictures will just make me want to spend money on my car. Money I don't have...hahaha

Thanks for the offer though..if it was serious, that is! ^-^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts