ClubRoadster.net banner

Roadster Badge Treason?

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Phatmiata 
#1 ·
I recently enhareted one of those red 'roadster' badges from a friend's wrecked car. The problem is nothing on my car is red and it would look silly with just that on the back so i decided to paint it blue. Is this miata blasphamy?

Also what is the best adhesive to mount it? Do they make one specifically for emblems?

Sorry the pic is crappy and the badge needs to be cleaned up a bit before its put on.

#2 ·
Nah, mines painted green to match my car with yellow insert....painted all the badges to match......then never put them back on. eh

PC mouse is painted to match too.

Attachments

#14 ·
what was the yellow from? the california model they sold in the UK?

I know they had red black and green.

Black was NA6C(90-93) red was NA8C and i think green was the detuned 1.6 found in the later NA's?
Read the link. It was fitted to factory refreshed NA6CEs that were sold in 2003. No MX5 sold in the UK was ever called a Roadster.

Black: 89-93 All NA6CE
Red:93-95 NA8C Series 1
Green 95-98 NA8C Series 2

The detuned 1.6 was never sold in Japan. The detuned 1.6 was only sold in certain markets in cars badged as MX5s, not Roadsters.

#17 ·
It's not OEM correct but there's nothing wrong with that. Mod however you like. Did you use a tiny little paint brush?
what kind of paint did you use and what kind of brush? for the lettering, did you have to prep the badge for paint, or just paint over it? did you use clearcoat?

#21 ·
I'd like to know how you guys are going about painting them too. I'd like to get one and paint the lettering gold or bronze. Maybe even white.
like a reverse negative - white lettering and a black background - that'd be nice

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.