ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased my second NA roadster in April of 2014. It is a 1994 M-Edition and had done just 58,000 miles. It had not been started in over 6 years, and sat in a garage. I named him Moby.

It leaked no oil and was completely rust free. A local Miata specialty shop, 42 Autosports did the following:

- Water pump
- Timing belt
- All gaskets
- NGK ignition wires
- NGK spark plugs
- Thermostat
- Coolant
- Motul 8100 5W40 Full Synth motor oil
- Subaru Extra-S STi Factory transmission/differential fluid
- Turret oil
- Clutch bled and fluid replaced
- Brake fluid
- Brake pads and rotors - OEM
- All other fluids
- All other belts
- All other gaskets

I have since replaced the shift boot and brake boot, installed a 320mm Momo Monte Carlo, and sanded the Nardi shift knob down to bare wood to get rid of all the grime that built up over the years. I ripped out the rubber from the knob and replaced with faucet rings.

A few introduction photos:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
re: Project Moby

Fast forward to 2015.

My first Miata was a black NA. When I sold it, the hard top was installed onto Moby. I happened to find a black Miata with a montego blue hardtop, and we ended up trading tops.

The following parts were reinstalled from my black NA as well:

- 14x7 +19 RPF1
- Dunlop Direzza Star Spec
- Tein Basis
- R-Package lip

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I do have a proper reason for not driving the car though, the radiator is not getting any newer, and I'm afraid it's on its' last leg. Haven't been able to put much money into Moby lately, purchased a house a few months ago and have been doing a full remodel. Moby kind of got...kicked to the curb. The house is almost done, so I will have more time to work on the car. Here's what I plan on taking care of in the near future:

- Radiator, hoses, thermostat
- Seats re-upholstered

·
Registered
3,668 Posts

wow gorgeous as always. Love the simplicity.

1 - 20 of 234 Posts