ClubRoadster.net banner

181 - 200 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
Fabricated a retaining ring matching the Zoom ring to go under the carpet and leather, similar to my Motolita setup but without the legs. No photos of this but it's sheet aluminum and has 5 holes. Glued a rubber o-ring inside into the leather (this is what the tabs are for at the narrow end of the boot), and I think that's about it. Anyways, final product:

If anyone is interested in the Motolita ring, support frame, and bolts, it will be for sale.

·
Registered
124 Posts
always loved your interior! btw, on a hot sunny day, how hot does that shift knob get? I want one but scared of burning myself in the socal sun

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Thanks all.

always loved your interior! btw, on a hot sunny day, how hot does that shift knob get? I want one but scared of burning myself in the socal sun
I rarely park out in the sun for longer than an hour, but it can get pretty hot. My solution is to wear gloves, but infant socks work as a barrier too lol

·
Mufasa in Training
31,664 Posts
Thanks all.

I rarely park out in the sun for longer than an hour, but it can get pretty hot. My solution is to wear gloves, but infant socks work as a barrier too lol
Two words: Beer Cozy. I put an old Enthuzacar cozy upside-down on my Voodoo knob when it's hot out, never have a problem.

·
Registered
4,979 Posts
Wow. With those rates I'm questioning why you didn't go with their GS version. Possibly because they ride higher?
They sure look nice, though. What are they replacing? Hearing your thoughts on them will likely further cement the route I take with ordering Xidas for my Miata.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Wow. With those rates I'm questioning why you didn't go with their GS version. Possibly because they ride higher?
They sure look nice, though. What are they replacing? Hearing your thoughts on them will likely further cement the route I take with ordering Xidas for my Miata.
Ride height. Plus having race valved shocks that are capable of higher spring rates.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
First impressions. You guys. These ride sooo smoothly. I left the height as it came out of the box, which translated to around 3.75" F, 3.85" R. This is too low, at least for me. The plan was to end up at 4.75" F, 5" R, but I couldn't wait to get a feel for them out on the road immediately after installation. Even at the original ride height, omg. So much more than I ever expected. Not only is the ride smooth as butter, but handling is completely transformed. The amount of confidence these give me going through a corner is astounding.

I was able to get it to the target ride height +-1/8" last night, and the ride feels even better now. I'm simply shocked at how different the roadster feels now, in every aspect of the driving experience. It's so hard to find the right words to describe how happy I am with these.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love how classy your car is! I follow you on Instagram but I like the extra info and insights I get from this thread. (Also I'm partial to forums over social media.)

181 - 200 of 234 Posts