ClubRoadster.net banner

221 - 234 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #221
During one of the drives @ MATG, something broke around the clutch pedal, causing it to click badly. I wasn't sure what it was, but it was small, blue, and broken. After a few minutes of searching, I found out it's a pad that engages a cruise control switch, replaceable with either the same blue plastic part or a rubber version that fits just as nicely. I used this chance to order a few other OEM parts that needed replacing.

Speedometer cable, clutch cruise control switch stopper, and brake/clutch pads.

No more bouncy speedometer needle, clutch pedal no loner makes a funny sound, pedal feel is much nicer.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #223
Attended my first track event in November, a two day HPDE event at Carolina Motorsports park with the NASA organization. HPDE is a perfect choice for anyone who hasn't had seat time on a track before. You get an instructor assigned automatically for HPDE1, and while most of them are decent, make sure you're getting an appropriate amount of feedback for each session. I was lucky enough to get one who was experienced and provided tones of notes real-time for turn in, corner exit, gear selection, etc.

Needless to say I'm hooked, and the next event has been booked in May.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #224
Neko Works

I meant to post some photos of these earlier, but never got around to it. I got three of these from ClubNA a few years ago, but unfortunately he didn't have any soft top models. This one came up on YJA a few weeks ago, and I couldn't resist.

If you're not familiar with these models, feel free to check out the Neko Works thread on other (better) forum to see what insane customization some guys can do with these little "toys." Maybe some day I'll do something with mine. These are made of resin, and don't come prepped for paint - they still have mold lines and everything. Easy work with an exact-o knife though.

NA soft top, NA convertible, ND convertible.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #225
In the latest package from YJA this piece also came in.

Garage Vary headlight lid. I couldn't resist installing this immediately, so ignore the rough and wrong-color paint. This will be painted along with everything else that needs paint sometime early next year.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
I guess this thread needs an update.

Replaced my old exhaust with a shiny new one. RS Factory Stage N-Zero2 (60mm.)

It looks great, and sounds amazing. Sound clips to follow.

Some sound clips for your listening pleasure.

[Racing Beat manifold]
[Good-win Racing high-flow cat]
[RS Factory Stage N-Zero2 muffler]

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #231
Long story short, I have been a huge fan of the Zoom Elan bumper(s) for a very long time. They have been out of production forever, and rarely come up for sale. At some point in 2017 one front bumper came up for sale on YJA. Fast forward to early 2018, and the same bumper was still listed. Thanks to my friends at Japan Parts Service, the bumper was picked up, loaded on to a container, and at my door a few months later.

I'm thrilled to be able to run this bumper on my car. It makes me so happy. Huge thank you to @yoshii6x6, @fwdtamiya, and a handful of others for the inspiration.

Seats. My original seats were busted, I had an idea for something custom for a while. I ended up going with the Sierra vinyl upholstery, to which I added the metal grommets. I like them.

I also had an issue sliding around in my old seats while on the track, so I managed to find a good local deal on a set of Paco bolster supports. This, along with a moderate foamectomy and grippy vinyl mostly solved that sliding issue.

V-Special mats were sold and replaced with Cocomats gray/black checkered mats. Very good stuff.

I also happened to spot a set of pedal covers while at a local part-out shop. They caught my eye but were in terrible shape. The only thing I could make out were the word Autolook on top. $10 later they came home with me. I had a friend sandblast them back to the original finish, and they look goooood. They feel good too. I've only seen two sets of these sold on YJA in the last few years (looking at old listings), and they all sold well into the triple digits. Go figure.

New installed parts that I hadn't had on record up to this point:
- Zoom Elan front bumper
- Zoom Elan tail lights
- RS Factory Stage N-Zero 2 exhaust
- Vitaloni-rep mirrors with custom convex glass
- Seats
- Cocomats checkered floor mats
- Carbing tow hook
- Garage Vary vented headlight lid
- Autolook pedal covers (sandblasted)
- R-Speed hood lift

I hope to have a couple of other new additions here soon, ready for MRLS 2019.

221 - 234 of 234 Posts