ClubRoadster.net banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
steve, what part of the site will you be using for this event.
The west side of the complex,

I know this is kind of a funky picture, but you can see the wide open pad towards the left of the picture, we use that and some more of the complex, the old area is now the kart track in the lower right.

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
It's this Saturday! Only a week away! Let me know if you have any questions about the event.

·
Supporting Member
1,303 Posts
Could use another set of slight rights and slight lefts if you ask me. A couple of boxes (?) just to keep the BMW's honest

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey guys, I have the course ready, it's not the final version, so I'm completely open to feedback!

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
i think it be sweet if you add a pivot cone where each car has to do a 180 around the cone to continue across the course.
I disagree. My opinion on course elements like that, which would require a downshift back to first gear, are incredibly annoying. Though there is not much steve can do to avoid that given the space he has to work with.

Course looks ok overall. I'm actually looking at it and thinking it might run nice reverse of how you have it now...

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Course looks ok overall. I'm actually looking at it and thinking it might run nice reverse of how you have it now...
Well, if I run it in reverse, coming back to where I designed it to start with that "V" you could have to downshift into first, instead, going off of the starting line in first, and after going around that cone, you can easily hit 2nd gear and still go through those two 90* turns in most car's mid-range, I try to avoid designing a course to where cars have to downshift into first, since some cars don't have first gear syncro's.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,421 Posts
yeah, I noticed that...

Do you plan on trying to have more than one car on course at a time?
How do you feel about the course crossing over on itself?

even though I wont be in attendance, I have an idea for a course based off your initial layout... I can email it to you. PM me.

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
yeah, I noticed that...

Do you plan on trying to have more than one car on course at a time?
How do you feel about the course crossing over on itself?

even though I wont be in attendance, I have an idea for a course based off your initial layout... I can email it to you. PM me.
I've done cross overs before, they're fun, the new timing system allows us to have two cars on the course at the same time, the only problem you run into is that I don't like having cars come too close to each other, but with this course design that I have, I can send a car out when the other car gets to close to finishing, maybe on the 2nd to last slalom cone or something.

I'll try and coordinate something Saturday morning when we are setting it all up before the event.

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
This is what I have set up for the classing:

Modified roadster:
Any roadster with the following modifications will be classified as modified:
-R-Comp tires
-Any type of forced induction, regardless of boost pressure or whether it's OEM(supercharger, turbocharger).
-Coilovers
-More than one aftermarket strut bar
-More than one aftermarket sway bar

Stock roadster:
Any roadster without the modifications causing it to be in the modified class will be classified as in the stock roadster class.
So your roadster must be:
-Naturally aspirated
-Street tires
-Stock suspension (aftermarket shocks and springs are allowed in the stock class, but no more than one aftermarket strut or sway bar is allowed).
-Roll bars are allowed
-Performance bolt-on's are allowed

*Classing is subject to change*

Non-roadsters will be in their own class and running group.

Trophies will be given out to the 1st place driver of each class (Stock, modified, and other).

·
Registered
132 Posts
Course looks fun either way you decide to run it. I'm doing my best to be able to make it out there and looking forward to having some fun. Since I'll be on R-Comps it looks like I'll be in the modified run group.

I met up with Steve at the last roadster meet at Wing House and he's a nice guy and it looks like he has put a lot of work into this event. I really hope the weather is nice for it.

~ Chris

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
SteveO seems to have put some hard work into making this happen and be a fun event.

Best of luck and crossing fingers there is good (dry) weather for you all.

I actually have another commitment the first saturday of each month so I won't be out there this time.
Course looks fun either way you decide to run it. I'm doing my best to be able to make it out there and looking forward to having some fun. Since I'll be on R-Comps it looks like I'll be in the modified run group.

I met up with Steve at the last roadster meet at Wing House and he's a nice guy and it looks like he has put a lot of work into this event. I really hope the weather is nice for it.

~ Chris
Thanks guys for the good words! :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I should be in the top 5 in the modified class or was there 6 in the group?

·
Cheyyyaaa
1,389 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Sorry for the delay guys,

But a big thanks again to Steven, Tony, Joel, Mike, and Alan for their help, and thanks to Chris and Robert who offered their instructions for other the drivers. I really think the event went well, the timing system worked great!

To see the complete list of times, please just send an email to [email protected] and I'll send you the excel spreadsheet.

Congrats to Jeremy in the S2000 for winning the best time for the Stock Roadster Class.

Congrats to Tom from Grassroots Motorsports for having the best time for the Modified Roadster Class:

And Congrats to Robert for having the best time for the Non-Roadster Class:

Thanks guys for coming out again for another successful CFRC autocross, and I hope to see you guys again. Let me know if you have any questions or comments about the event!

21 - 40 of 44 Posts