ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised to see three roadsters in one day. It's rare enough to even see one that seemed to belong to an enthusiast. Most I ever see belong to older women or pointies. :?
Anyway I saw a laguna blue, topless, between hillside ave. and winchester.
Also saw a red one, mudflaps, chrome (i think) rims, just passed me on old westbury rd.
And a black n tan with altezzas on hempstead turnpike between RAP motorsports (vw tuner) and the duane reade the next block down.

If there are any other clubroadster.netters or whatever in the 5 boroughs give me a shout.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha, yeah I'd like to see your NB nightmarejr. I'm trying to get something going for us few metro ny guys. I'm close to nightmarejr so if any other metro ny guys are on here start speaking up so we can start something. :thumbsup:

What's up Diego? Jersey's the next best thing. :)

Sideshow, that's cool. I don't even know 8 ppl that have miatas here. :?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah, speaking of springfield.. my girlfriend told me about a white na w/ hardtop she saw on springfield, so we went to go check the car out and I left him a note telling him to check CR out and post up.

He also had what looked to me like work rsb in white with polished lip, so I am assuming he's into cars.

·
Registered
271 Posts
oh yeah, speaking of springfield.. my girlfriend told me about a white na w/ hardtop she saw on springfield, so we went to go check the car out and I left him a note telling him to check CR out and post up.

He also had what looked to me like work rsb in white with polished lip, so I am assuming he's into cars.
haha i thought that was you and you were switching it up a little. i know theres alot of miata owners out there but they dont know about this site :?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I see at least 4 parked regularly within two blocks of each other on the Upper East Side. I'll be picking up a roadster before the end of the winter, is there anything I should be prepared for as a new yorker? Security issues? Braile parallel parkers using the hood as a gentile curb?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I see at least 4 parked regularly within two blocks of each other on the Upper East Side. I'll be picking up a roadster before the end of the winter, is there anything I should be prepared for as a new yorker? Security issues? Braile parallel parkers using the hood as a gentile curb?
That's cool. Where on the East side? I don't think there are really any security issues with them here, unless you go to an area where no car is secure in the first place. :shock: If parking on the street be careful of as you call them "braille" parkers, as most cars are usually higher than our little girly cars, and they only notice that they've gone too far after giving us a nice love tap.

Some older gentleman did that to me, and there was nobody even parked in front of him..now my front bumper has a nice "love tap" between the turn signals.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
when are we setting up a metro NY meet?

i feel metro miatas being born, hah.
+1. I'm really trying to find the roadsters in the metro area, but only found the handful of people on here, some from the pointy site, and very few locals that don't seem to have this dang intarweb thingy. :? Or maybe they just aren't interested enough to look.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The only way to avoid that is to not park it on the street. It will be pricey but the best way to avoid that is to get a spot in a garage. I always park my miata in my driveway when I'm back in Brooklyn, the one time I parked it on the street, I wake up the next morning and most of the cars parked on the street, including mine got spraypainted by some punks. :evil: Never parked it on the street overnight from that day on.

·
Registered
271 Posts
how about a meet on november 5th we can prolly chill at a diner and talk or something because i would love to start a local group around here

hehehe.. with enough people we can start asking discounts at places

1 - 17 of 17 Posts