ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a used RoadsterSport "Q" exhaust, but it's made for a car with the appearance package which my car doesn't have, so it's longer than the standard RSQ. I was originally going to have a couple inches removed between the tip(s) and exhaust pipe(s). But I decided to install it as is and see what it looks like. Although it sticks out I think it looks fine, and sounds awesome. I read that this exhaust is about 10 - 15% louder than stock but I don't think it is. With the baffles installed I would say it's maybe 5% louder, and with the baffles removed it might reach the 10% louder than stock estimate. So what do you think? Should I relocate the tips. - Dano

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I'll leave it as is, works for me.

No sound clips, but there are plenty on you tube. Not of my car, but others with the same exhaust. - Dano

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice, I'd keep them!
The "Q" is particularly suggested if you're going to fit also a 4-1 header which really increases the dB level of the whole exhaust.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice, I'd keep them!
The "Q" is particularly suggested if you're going to fit also a 4-1 header which really increases the dB level of the whole exhaust.
Yeah that's what I've read. I doubt I'll use a 4-1 header, but I may eventually replace the mid pipe.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that Q looks great!
Thanks, I wasn't sure if I would like it since it sticks out so much farther then the stock tips. But after installing it, I can honestly say it's grown on me. One of my biggest concerns with the stock exhaust was how far under the plastic rear panel it sat, I was kinda worried that eventually it may melt. But with this exhaust there are no worries at all about that happening, the tips are out past the panel now. I've also become very aware of other cars with dual's, (not Miata's), and I've noticed, many have their tips out about as far as mine are. - Dano

1 - 9 of 9 Posts