ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda/miata/11-1002.html

anyone have/heard this exhaust before?

It is just like the picture, but with no resonator.

Digging around on m.net I found 1 post from someone that had it, said even though it does not have a resonator it wasnt TOO loud, even with daily driving.

Just looking for some reviews, I want a good sounding and somewhat loud exhaust. The 1.6 sounds great and only sounds better uncorked. I dont want Pit Crew Clubman loud because I gotta drive my car every day. :wink: I guess Im just not hardcore.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I can't offer any specific advice on the Roadster Sport 3 on the 1.6L but I'm thinking about trying the non-resonated midpipe on my Racing Beat. I think y8s has a Roadster Sport exhaust but that's on a 1.8L NB.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did find some info looking at other exhausts. According to Brian at goodwin, 90-97 single tip exhausts (sold at goodwin) quietest to loudest:

Stock
Racing Beat
Roadstersport
Racing Beat with sport connecting pipe (no resonator)
Roadstersport Race (no resonator)
Borla (no resonator)

·
Registered
765 Posts
I did find some info looking at other exhausts. According to Brian at goodwin, 90-97 single tip exhausts (sold at goodwin) quietest to loudest:

Stock
Racing Beat
Roadstersport
Racing Beat with sport connecting pipe (no resonator)
Roadstersport Race (no resonator)
Borla (no resonator)
Hmmm...thats weird. I have run Borla w/o resonator and Racing Beat w/resonator side by side and there was no real difference in the two as far as loudness....just a different tone.
To me the Borla sounded more like a British sports car. Perhaps there are different Borla mufflers??

·
Mufasa in Training
31,048 Posts
I can't offer any specific advice on the Roadster Sport 3 on the 1.6L but I'm thinking about trying the non-resonated midpipe on my Racing Beat. I think y8s has a Roadster Sport exhaust but that's on a 1.8L NB.
Kyle...if you're doing a 1.6, I'd stay away from the non-resonated pipe. I really didn't much care for it...One of my buddies had it on his car, and it just didn't sound very good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I remember somebody on miata.net posting a sound clip of the roadstersport race and the regular version. He had ordered the normal one but they sent him the wrong one and he didn't realize until it was already installed. They sent him the new one and he recorded the clips as a before (race) and after. If you dig around some more you can probably find that post. It was sometime in the last couple of months. The race sounded louder and raspy. Most of those guys hated it but I thought it sounded good.

found the post

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=190461&highlight=roadstersport+race

1 - 12 of 12 Posts