ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well she arrived today, in all of her unresonated goodness :D I plan on installing it either today or tomorrow. Will try to post clips and pix when its installed. Beautiful exhaust tho, almost dont want to put under the car :(.

Mirror Finish... :Drool:

BTW if its TOOOO loud i will have a custom resonator installed.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Re: Roadstersport RACE Goodies (courtesy of UPS) (56k Pull out the egg timer)

looks good man, plzzzzzzzz post sound clips.

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts

Well she arrived today, in all of her unresonated goodness :D I plan on installing it either today or tomorrow. Will try to post clips and pix when its installed. Beautiful exhaust tho, almost dont want to put under the car :(.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/218/446171918_c84d0d6dca_b.jpg

Mirror Finish... :Drool:

BTW if its TOOOO loud i will have a custom resonator installed.

-Jeremy

Yup, thats UPS alright. I see something poking out of the box.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah... i was kinda pissed at that. That is one of the hangers. Thank goodness that Goodwinracing had it wrapped like the crown jewels. They also just left it outside in the rain and didnt even ring the doorbell... tha bastages!!!

-Jeremy

·
Registered
102 Posts

I've had a RoadsterSport Race on my '97 for about a year now, and yah, it's pretty loud. It's obnoxious when it's cold, but it's got a great snarl to it when it warmed up, and it burbles and pops pretty good when decelerating (probably due to the fact that it's 2.5" in diameter). It's not boomy on the highway, which is great. Also, it's pretty dang light weight.

All in all, I'm glad I went with it. If you like a nice, quiet exhaust (sissy) than stick with a Racing Beat. Maybe someday I'll post sound clips - I know there's one on youtube already (not mine).

·
Registered
379 Posts
That is EXCELENT. Great mirror finish

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok... its installed. Now for first impressions. Its not as raspy as the vid on you tube would make you think. Its personality changes once its warmed up to be a bit more mellow. It has a nice low tone at idle that is quiter than stock, and very deep. When you step on it that low hum at idle turns into a well defined roar all the way to redline.
Above 2.5 to 3k its definately MUCH louder than stock. From 3k to redline its pure heaven. Totally louder than stock, but not as loud as I was expecting. I cant sneak up on anybody anymore, but i wont be getting any noise pollution tickets anytime soon (so long as im not wailin on it at 5k when a cop is around). There will be no aftermarket resonator added to this system.

As an aside, there is currently a rattle that needs to be fixed around the cat. Only apparent at idle. It will be in the shop tomorrow to get this remedied. Seems more install related than exhaust related tho.

Clips to follow once the weather clears up... its shitty today :(
-Jeremy

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Hmm, I may consider this one, very nice No resonator, lightweight, loud and 2.5". The only additional feature I wanted in an exaust was the Canister style, but for the life of me I cant find an exhaust that meets all of those criteria, but so far this seems to be the best...

but I'm a cheap $!#&$* so It will be awihle before I pull off my "flowbastard" hey, it sets off car alarms so its cool enough!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe my stocker had a leak?? i dunno..

·
Registered
109 Posts

I've been considering this exhaust for a while now. I think this post may have persuded me to get it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah.. almost forgot to add this. The Midpipe has a bung for the extra o2 sensor that the OBDII miatas need. I just had the shop put a plug in there and call it a day. I was gonna use an old o2 sensor that i had lying around, but they said that there was clearance problems between the plug and the driveshaft so i told em to just plug it.

-Jeremy

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok... got the vid done and uploaded this mornin... sorry for the crap quality. Sucky kodak digicam.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l0DIaYMNFgc

I was gonna try and get a flyby video but its a bit early and i dont wanna wake the neighbors. :|

-Jeremy

:edit: youtube's sound compression sux... if anyone wants the original quicktime vid (about 26MB) shoot me a PM. There's more sound detail in the original.

sorry if it seems like im being a bit anal with the posts... i'm just doing what i wish someone would have done for me while i was researching this exhaust... not much out there on it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No idea if its gonna blow or not... i just got it. I will keep an ear out tho. :)

·
Registered
102 Posts
Oh yeah.. almost forgot to add this. The Midpipe has a bung for the extra o2 sensor that the OBDII miatas need. I just had the shop put a plug in there and call it a day. I was gonna use an old o2 sensor that i had lying around, but they said that there was clearance problems between the plug and the driveshaft so i told em to just plug it.

-Jeremy
There isn't a clearance problem - there's not much extra room, but you can definately install it with the (necessary) 02 sensor in place. It took a little fiddling to get the exhaust the clear everything, but it does, without making contact with anything but the hangers.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts