ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just grabbed my 1995 Miata in Buffalo with 74K miles on it. Pretty much perfect condition from this old guy I grabbed it from.

I'll upload pics later I need some help to start my build though and would appreciate some help from you guys that have been there and know not to do it again lol

So far here is my list of things I ordered today:
1) Bride Low Max (ebay/cheap replica's) $845
2) GV style Poly Urethane front lip (ebay) $122
3) XXR 002, 15x8 Black/polished lip (Go Miata) $405
4) Raceland Endlinks $100

BIG PROBLEM: Raceland said they're out of coilovers but could send me Rokkor??? Any good looks like the same damn thing?
Tried Megan Coilover dampers for $880 and they were sold out too :cry2: and refunded me...any suggestions for coilovers??? :x

Thanks trying to get ready for Carlisle Car Show May 12th-13th :fp:

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
Hi, welcome to CR! in for pics.

Go through it, fluids, seals, and such.

My advise on what you have so far..skip raceland/rokkor all together. I know several people who tried to save a buck by going this route and ended up spending more on a better set of coils down the road because they hated them. With the money they spent total they could have had way better suspension. Save a bit or wait the extra bit of time and get something decent.

But..it's your money, your car, so with what little bit I have said do as you please. As long as you like it.

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
Welcome to CR and Miata ownership! Conundrum's got great advice. I'd like to see pictures too.

If you haven't heard of Moss Miata I'd invite you to check us out. We have warehouses in CA but also VA so shipping to you should be pretty fast.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, and again - welcome!

Chris

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So Update going with Rokkor due to budget but now GOMIATA has my rims on backorder for over a month!! WTF lol So anygood sites for XXR's? and fast delivery? Thanks again guys

The drive when I first picked her up... My G35 my good friend drove back for me, girlfriend can't drive stick lol

RIMS!!!!
ISC top hates too?

·
Registered
51 Posts
go to a shop for XXR's or look on craigslist. Tons of people have them and people are always selling them. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome to CR from a real Rochester native, the Rokkor's will be fine, just don't expect too much from them!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I'm on roclife'

Paint job is original, best care I've ever seen taken of a car, old guy even had the original window sticker from the dealership haha

Everything is on it's way just need to order some xxr 513 tomorrow

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Out with the old and in with the new!

So installing Rokkor Coilovers today....

DOES IT HURT TO TAKE OUT THE HELPER SPRING ???is it bad on the suspension or alright and just give me a lower stance?

·
Registered
380 Posts
take the helper springs out, it will get you lower and wont really make that big of a difference ride wise. but i would suggest bigger bumpstops. get some xxr on ebay. they have them in stock and cheaper.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts