ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty new to this forum and I owned my miata for about 3 months now. I'm slowing doing upgrades to it and was looking to get a cage next. I was looking at getting a Hard Dog Hard Core but I don't know if the single/double/X brace makes a big difference. Would I feel a big difference if i got a single than an X-Brace? Or would it be a waste of money?

Also wondering if anyone knew where I could order one that would be the cheapest.

·
R U ?
7,243 Posts
Cage or bar?

Ask Blackbird Fabworx for a Cage price inquiry.

If it's a bar, again look at the sponsors of this site that carry them. Send them an email or PM.

·
red?
1,239 Posts
There really isn't THAT much of a difference between the single/double/X diagonals. The X diagonals are supposedly a bit stronger in the event of a rollover, but single diagonals are proven to work great. The advantage of the double diagonal is that you have better rear view mirror visibility. Personally, I don't think the X-bar is worth the money for street use. Single or double work great.

I see you're in Sac as well. PM tach9 on norcalroadsters.com. He is a Hard Dog distributor and can give you group buy pricing, per this local group buy thread. If you plan to use a glass window soft top, go with the M2, otherwise the M1 is fine.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There really isn't THAT much of a difference between the single/double/X diagonals. The X diagonals are supposedly a bit stronger in the event of a rollover, but single diagonals are proven to work great. The advantage of the double diagonal is that you have better rear view mirror visibility. Personally, I don't think the X-bar is worth the money for street use. Single or double work great.

I see you're in Sac as well. PM tach9 on norcalroadsters.com. He is a Hard Dog distributor and can give you group buy pricing, per this local group buy thread. If you plan to use a glass window soft top, go with the M2, otherwise the M1 is fine.
is he a local?

·
Registered
930 Posts
since you are in sacramento go to evil genius racing

great bars and great price and they are local so you dont have to pay for that shipping

·
Registered
10 Posts
ugh. This thread didn't do anything to help anyone who is outside of CA. I'll continue my search on where to find a good priced roll bar elsewhere...

·
Roll Bar God
2,172 Posts
Cage or bar?

Ask Blackbird Fabworx for a Cage price inquiry.

If it's a bar, again look at the sponsors of this site that carry them. Send them an email or PM.
Blackbird Fabworx makes 4 point bolt-in roll bars as well :).

These 4 point rollbars are indeed something you can install yourself and save some $$.

Here are the details -
Generally, the DD setup is priced at $505 and the GT3 is priced at $650, both with the standard black powder coating finish.

The difference in the prices is due to the GT3 being a more complex piece to produce.
The result, however, is well worth the difference -

* The GT3 is a more solid bar since the diagonal braces go where the support is needed the most - the corners of the hoop, where the bends have weakened the material.
* The GT3 is also superior to the DD in terms of rear visibility. Instead of having the two diagonals right in the center of your rear view mirror, the X brace barely cuts the outer lower corners of the mirror, leaving the center free and clear of visual obstructions.
* Lastly, the GT3 simply looks better :cool:
DD rollbars are like belly buttons in the miata community, everyone has one!
The GT3 offers a racing inspired fresh new look. You're guaranteed to get some thumbs up from fellow enthusiasts.

Both bars include a harness bar as standard and come with the backing plates and all the hardware.

The harness bar that comes as standard is located between the rear legs and works great with the plastic window soft top that is normally found in NAs, however if you have a glass rear window this harness bar will not work and thus will be eliminated.

If you have a glass window and wish to have a harness bar, I do have the optional NB harness bar that is an integrated part of the rollbar (and as such you'll need to specify at the time of placing the order).
This bar is welded to the main hoop and curves behind the seats to allow them to recline.
The optional harness bar costs $150.

Custom powder coating is available at an additional cost, and there are many options to choose from.
This is an option that many customers take on as it adds a nice custom touch to any car, whether it is an understated color such as gunmetal grey or something with a pop like gold, blue or pearl white.

Here's a GT3 with the standard harness bar in an NA -

And here's the 6 point version in a Mazdaspeed with the optional curved harness bar (the 4 point is the same minus the door bars) and custom powder coating -

Bad ass roll cages available too ;)

Moti

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a hard dog hard core single diagnal in my na8 and its fine. I got it off CL for 300 and has been great since, thinking of selling for a boss frog double hoop though. Whatever you can get for cheapest thati s an actual roll bar is all you need

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I had one made by moti he does great work. I love it and the color is fantastic, but I pray to god I never have a roll over. I do want the door bars though lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts