ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I would share my setup with you guys. The car pulls double duty as a CSP car and a daily driver - I know alot of you prefer the look of a tire wrapped tight over the rim, but I run something a bit different - Hoosier R3S04 DOT-R tires. 225/50/13 :twisted:

I do normally run a different set of wheels on the street - Konig Heliums 15x6.5 with Toyo T1R 205/50/15 But I'm adding fender flares this month and am in the market for a new set of wheels to use on the street to wrap my 15" Toyos on that will much closer match the offset of the RB's since the Heliums will look silly with flares.

I originally wanted the RB's with a black center but since they don't make them in black, I chose the gold ones and figured I would get the centers powder coated black later but the gold on red look is really growing on me!
Enjoy!

-Ryan

Attachments

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason for the flares would be because I rub when atocrossing - I'm loking at some options from FatCat Motorsports to increase susp. travel and increase front rde height a hair to keep from rubbing the front fenders on the tops of my DOT-R's but if those things don't do the trick I will be cutting the fenders myself and instaling flares. If I do so I will do a write-up.

-Ryan

·
2,708 Posts
F**k yeah! Join the club!

What suspension are you running? And where did you get the Hoosiers from? I haven't rubbed yet, even on aggressive mountain roads, then again, i think you're a tad lower then me with stickier tires. Do you rub with the 15s?

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ExHondaMan - lovin the gold RB's on your white NA. looks great.

I run FM springs / AGX shocks / JR tubular front bar

If I was running a street tire I wouldn't be rubbing - Hoosier's DOT-R tires are pretty seriously underrated for their size - the 225/50 I use actually has a fat 9" tread width - and when I rub its on the front tires right where the side of the tread meets the sidewall - if I was on any street tire that wrapped in at all instead of actually being fatter than the wheel is it wouldn't be an issue...

-Ryan

·
Registered
482 Posts
I love the Gold Rota RB's! I love the way they drive as well. I borrowed a friends 13x8's wrapped in Kuhmo 710's! The car felt so fast, they really complemented what I have done with the car. Right now I'm looking for a set of 13x7.5" Lenso's in Gold which only weigh 8lbs per rim!

Here's a pic of my car on 13x8's I did very much enjoy them! I hope you enjoy yours and look forward to seeing more pics of your beautiful car....

Attachments

·
Registered
482 Posts
225/45/13 they don't rub w/ stock sprung Tein Flex's set to 12" from fender to center. As long as the Front is set full stiff they are fine. But then again, I won't run them on the street...

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would expect the 45 sidewall 225 to work great - with my 225/50's the fender just kisses the sidewall enough (lots of neg. camber so it actually hits the sidewall not the top of the tire) enough to take rubber off the tire and deposit it in chunks in my fender well - some work will most likely be done with FatCat shock mounts and spacers to alleviate the problem and increase suspension travel for even faster lap times...
-Ryan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts