ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are the Rota Retro's, 15x6.5, +38 offset, ~15lbs. Inspired by the Bertone designed Campagnolo wheels that were optional equipment on the Dino 246GT. Rota says they only made one production run of 60 sets, never made another run and that the mold's been broken.

Aside from myself, there's another fellow in the Philippine club that's got 'em. Does anybody else anywhere have a set on a Miata/Roadster/MX-5?

·
Registered
592 Posts
[napoleandynamite]LUCKY[/napoleandynamite]

These would go perfect with Mr Woolery's green/yellow Rotus.

If you EVER want to sell/trade them, please contact me.

Chris

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are so many classic wheel designs from the 60's and 70's from old wheelmakers like Campagnolo, Cromodora, Compomotive, Gotti, etc... I wish today's wheelmakers would just revive those old designs.

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

·
3,542 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it would be really nice if they are rota's.

after searching the rota outlets here in manila for retro's last year without success, i finally asked a factory representative if i could get another set, even if only 2 pieces and that's when i was told of the story of the 60 sets and the ceasure of production.

but what do i know ... that was last year, the story could even have been a bogus one or maybe they've made another run since then. good thing is that they're now available whether made by rota or not.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some classic wheel designs that I'd like to see more of in the market. these are from Gotti:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts