ClubRoadster.net banner

781 - 800 of 806 Posts

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
no he is referring to strawberrypepsi...... ;) Hey could that be his screen name from now on? Pretty please!!! :lol:
Side note, if anyone has a way to get a model of these wheels, I could do the FEA. It wouldn't tell you much unless you were comparing it to something though. An FEA, unless you have a lot more information than we would have available here, is mostly just going to tell you where the weak points are, but not necessarily how weak.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,631 Posts
no he is referring to strawberrypepsi...... ;) Hey could that be his screen name from now on? Pretty please!!! :lol:
I believe he's referring to some people quoting a post with multiple pics and only saying a one-line "OMG I LOVE IT" kind of worthless post. Ideally, the only reason you quote multiple pictures (and even then, you should only post the links) is if you have a specific question about each image.

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
I believe he's referring to some people quoting a post with multiple pics and only saying a one-line "OMG I LOVE IT" kind of worthless post. Ideally, the only reason you quote multiple pictures (and even then, you should only post the links) is if you have a specific question about each image.
Bryan, you're the hammer to my nail.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a difference in lip size on the +0 and -15 or did they just add material at the hub?thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Went through the thread but can't find what I'm after. Does anyone have a pic of 15x8 ET10 with a _fat_ 195/50 tyre, like R888 or A048? Wonder if it's possible with just rolled arches, though not holding much hope...

ETA: on NA

·
THREE!
464 Posts
I ran 15x8 +5s with a regular width 195 on my NA, which is probably similar to what you are considering. Camber was -2f, -1.5r. The rears needed a slight pull to actually have the car function as an "econobucket sports car". They would rub entering parking lots and such.

If you are going full on swag bro yolo stance YMMV. Judging by your tire selection I have a feeling you aren't.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm not indeed. Camber is 2°50'F, 2°40'R and ride height is around 110mm at the sills. Seems here's an answer to my question though. Think A048 will rub with body roll I have now (500/350 with stock bars).

Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Went through the thread but can't find what I'm after. Does anyone have a pic of 15x8 ET10 with a _fat_ 195/50 tyre, like R888 or A048? Wonder if it's possible with just rolled arches, though not holding much hope...

ETA: on NA
I ran some 195/50 re-11s which are pretty beefy on some +10s and the just barely rubbed every now and then, and im pretty sure it was just the finder liners (I hadn't removed them yet), not the fenders. so youll be fine (barely;))

·
Registered
508 Posts
I had a different 15x8 +20 on my car with 205/50 kumho xs that was pretty low and I still had to roll and pull the fenders. I even raised it a bit when I did. Just going to depend on how low you want to sit.

·
Registered
496 Posts
anyone using Wilwood brakes with these?

this NB is on 15x8 +0 grids with Wilwoods, would it be dumb to assume that the RKR's will clear them the same way? I guess i could use a small spacer if needed...

It's not on a Miata but my buddy has a BMW 2002 with pretty large wilwoods and rkrs. He only needed a 1 or 2mm spacer and they are 6 piston calipers and 12" rotors I believe. They look huge on the car.

·
HellaFunctional
1,120 Posts
Can confirm the 15x9 0 offset RKR does not clear the Wilwood BBK without a small spacer. This is the kit directly from Wilwood. Not sure about the Goodwin or Flyin Miata kit.
20170512_134635 by Greg Collins, on Flickr
This is with a 15mm spacer but its all I have atm. There is plenty of room between the spoke and the caliper. I will update with the smallest effective spacer.

FWIW my friend's 15x8.5 -5 offset Volk TE-37v fit without spacers.

781 - 800 of 806 Posts