ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved these ROTA's and here is the weight for those that wanted to know.

RB 13x8 = (14.1 lbs.)

GT3 15x7 = (13.6 lbs.)

Attack 15x6.5 = (12.6 lbs.)

J-Spl 15x6.5 = (11.9 lbs.)

Slipstream 15 x 7.5 = (11.9 lbs.)

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND
5,096 Posts
Good information, what did you weigh these on?

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Jimmy, have any weights on circuit 8's? 15x7? I'm considering some from a local member if the price is good :mrgreen: Hey Ryan :p

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used 2 different scales to weigh. One was a food service industry scale and the other a bathroom scale. Haven't gotten the circuit 8's yet. I am building up my Rota stock so it's just a matter of time. Still on target to have a shop and even though I will carry light JDM wheels I will keep the Rota line. The Slipstream is a nice wheel for the price and I really like the J-SPL and it feels very light.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RB 15x8 please??
16.2 lbs for the RB 15x8. I have them(Gun Meta) on my car for the street and used it earlier this year for a track event. I have them in stock.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
324 Posts
Wow, the slips weight that little in 7.5" format! I thought they weighed more on the 13lb side...................makes me regret on getting my rpf1 :(

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have seen in many other places that the slipstreams weigh more than that. There is a mix up here.

The 15x6.5 weighs 11.9 pounds.
The 15x7 weighs 12.9 pounds
The 15x7.5 weighs 13.7 pounds
the 15x8 weighs 14.7

Wheelweights.net... check it out. it is almost always right on.

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
im starting to look into a set of 15x8 Slipstreams +20 for my car now. Any weights on those?

·
Registered
147 Posts
here is the spreadsheet of wheel weights that i have not finished editing. the original list was in a word doc, but a spreadsheet will work better.

hope you guys like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have seen in many other places that the slipstreams weigh more than that. There is a mix up here.

The 15x6.5 weighs 11.9 pounds.
The 15x7 weighs 12.9 pounds
The 15x7.5 weighs 13.7 pounds
the 15x8 weighs 14.7

Wheelweights.net... check it out. it is almost always right on.
Seems like whatever scale is used there is a difference in weights so it can go either way + - 1 lb. The Attack weighed more than I thought and the Slipstreams really feels light holding it just as the J-SPL does. I would like to get one or two more accurate scales to see if there is any difference in my original testing. IMO the Slipstreams and J-SPL's can't be beat for their/weight cost.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Last night I was talking to a guy that is really into racing and asked me what wheels do I plan on using for the Time Attack events? I said there are a few options that I am looking at and haven't decided yet and he said that he had 15x7.5 Slipstreams and they weighed 11.9 lbs according to his scale. I was happy to hear that because I want to be as close as possible to the actual weight of the wheels and get more weight readings from others.

Jimmy
FujiRacing

·
Registered
18 Posts
Peoples Scales are always off. It doesn't make a diff when you wight yourself or something heavy.

The way i do it. I've taken every wheel i wanna know it's exact weight to the post office for a quote to some zip code and just asked how much they weighted. The post office is never wrong.

other than that, this website is pretty good.
http://wheelweights.net/

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I use a lab scale. Resolves to the microgram (three decimal points). Several of the weights one wheelweights.net are from me, I send him a picture of the readout and the wheel on the scale.

15x7 +35 RB, 14.45lbs
15x8 +40 slipstream 14.7 lbs
13x8 +3 RB 16.1lbs
all 4x100

Haven't had a 15x7.5 slipstream in the shop but I sorta doubt it's 11.9 lbs

·
Registered
18 Posts
Haven't had a 15x7.5 slipstream in the shop but I sorta doubt it's 11.9 lbs
Me too. .. . I'm no an engineer, but it doesnt take one to know that to make a 15x8 that weights 11lbs takes a lot of work. Therefore they'll be a lot more expensive. Also, the 15x7 or 6.5 whatever are not that light, what could make anyone think that bigger would be lighter. :bang:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts