ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another identify this part thread. It's a direct fit aftermarket door mirror for the NA Roadster. The $20,000 question* is, "Who makes it?"

* Winner will not actually receive $20,000. Instead, the first person to correctly identify this part and offer some conclusive proof will receive some Ramune soda and/or some chocolate pocky.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
Im going to make some uneducated guesses of zoom engineering, or runabouts.

although I doubt it because of their "age"

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dunno, you tell me! Again, to receive the super fantastic lucky prize you must offer some sort of conclusive proof not just correct guesses.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
haha kyle do YOU even know? or are you trying to find out? :mrgreen:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have a winner!

Very good. You are correct, roadsternut. They are indeed Craft Square British Racing type BR-60 mirrors. PM me your contact details and I'll ship your prize to you. I think this was the first challenge where anyone offered a prize for being the winner so congratulations. For more information on door mirrors check out Happy Roadster and Carview.

Jesse, since you're a moderator and a JDM knowitall I thought I'd give others a chance first but I'll send you a consolation prize.

·
1,213 Posts
the quality of these mirrors is the best I have seen of the retro offerings from Japan, I prefer them to the set of runabouts I had and I think that they are a bit more elegantly sculpted than the zoom ones ...

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As the winner of this trivia quiz, roadsternut will receive

1 x Glico : Pocky Strawberry Crunch
1 x Meiji : Chocolate Mushrooms Limited Edition (Matcha & Sesame Flavour)
1 x Glico : Pocky Men's (Dark Chocolate)
2 x Shinsuisha : Ramune (Carnonated Soft Drink)

courtesy of Japanese Kitchen Ltd. and yours truly. They tell me your prize was dispatched today. Be sure to snap a pic and post up the candy next to a copy of Road&Ster and your sweet M2-1002.

Jesse, the magazines shipped to me today. Once I get a chance to look through them all I'll send you an issue of Option.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts

courtesy of Japanese Kitchen Ltd. and yours truly. They tell me your prize was dispatched today. Be sure to snap a pic and post up the candy next to a copy of Road&Ster and your sweet M2-1002.

Jesse, the magazines shipped to me today. Once I get a chance to look through them all I'll send you an issue of Option.
Yumm.

Can't do Road&Ster. Will have to make do with

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts

See:
http://m2-1002.blogspot.com/2006/10/this-weekend-was-spent-cleaning-engine.html

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome! Glad you like the treats. Your blog is very interesting and I'm looking forward to reading more entries as you restore your lovely car. A clean engine bay is a happy engine bay. I hope the Ramune offered refreshment after all that cleaning. Now go change your brake fluid! That old stuff looks horrible :)

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Awesome! Glad you like the treats. Your blog is very interesting and I'm looking forward to reading more entries as you restore your lovely car. A clean engine bay is a happy engine bay. I hope the Ramune offered refreshment after all that cleaning. Now go change your brake fluid! That old stuff looks horrible :)
And the brakes feel it....don't worry, its very much on the to do list......

Those Ramune bottles are far too small; 200ml kiddie size. One glug and its all gone...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts