ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just like the title states, under hard acceleration my 1990 miata with 105k miles will have the rpms climb and then they fall back down a bit before going up again.

Any clues??

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I'm thinking. That or maybe clutch contamination...

Just got my Haynes Manual so hopefully the car will go up on some stands soon so I can see whats up with it. It's mainly in 4th and 5th gear during hard accelerating. The other gears seem to hold up fine.

Paired up with that weird bucking feeling in first and second when under load on cold motor has got me scratching my head.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Bump, trying not to start a new thread.

I think i have the same problem too. When i am in 3rd or 4th and put some pressure on the gas pedal the RPMs would just go up and my speedometer would slowly go up aswell. It just feels or sounds like i am just revving the engine. It would do this even my car has been warmed up.

Another thing is i hear a clicking sound in my engine bay whenever i start up the car and let it run for a bit and when i am stopped at lights/stop signs. I don't hear it when i am on the move though.

Can anyone help me find what the problem is? Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
2 different problems

I think i have the same problem too. When i am in 3rd or 4th and put some pressure on the gas pedal the RPMs would just go up and my speedometer would slowly go up aswell. It just feels or sounds like i am just revving the engine. It would do this even my car has been warmed up.
Clutch

Another thing is i hear a clicking sound in my engine bay whenever i start up the car and let it run for a bit and when i am stopped at lights/stop signs. I don't hear it when i am on the move though.
valve lash, 99 and newer cars need the shims adjusted and older cars need the hydraulic lifters cleaned or replaced

1 - 5 of 5 Posts