ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Dang, now im torn, i really like that Anodized Bronze version, i wonder if i should sell mine for this version............ then i would need the Bronze radiator cowl too....... (^_^)

Should i get the Bronze?

Or stay with they one i have now?

PhatMiata

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
The bronze Okuyama-RS Aizawa brace may not be suitable for your car; I have one, and it includes an integral brake stopper (the main reason I brought it). Obviously, its for a rhd car.

A possible problem with brake stopper kits coming to light here is that they may cause the early demise of old brake master cylinders, so watch out for leaks if fitting these.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
2007 R.S. AIZAWA Driving lesson & travelling meeting

2007 R.S. AIZAWA Driving lesson & traveling meeting

With R.S. AIZAWA, the driving lesson and the travelling meeting event we hold.

Circuit traveling, from the beginner to the upper-class person they are the contents which center the lesson and time attack traveling by the professional driver.

Method of application
Travelling stipulation in regard to verification, please download the below-mentioned PDF file, state necessary item and to the application form send.
Method of detailed application explanation of the application reference.

As for download this -> Application (PDF file)

Opening due date (2007) 
May 25th (gold) To acceptance middle May 20th
August 24th (gold) ―
November 1st (gold) ―

Participation acceptance
R.S. AIZAWA
2007 driving lessons & travelling meeting executive office 
Telephone number 046- (254) - 8798
FAX number 046- (254) - 1293

Opening place
Tsukuba circuit course 1000

Participation expense
¥21,000 (including tax)
Lunch the carrying or circuit attachment dining room utilization.
At ¥1,000 other way you receive lunch in desired one.

Collection vehicle
Principle roadster (NA/NB/NC type)
* As for other vehicle ones verification in regard to the inquiry you ask.

Collection quantity
Every opening 30 unit limitations

Participation class
① beginner class
② no bisque lath
③ expert class

Lecturer
[kuragon] (professional driver & instructor)
Gong tech temper place [kuragon] room superintendence

In addition support
The news publication load & the star magazine (we plan collection of data)

Lesson contents
?The driving lesson in order to participate in traveling meeting?
Circuit travelling experience 0~3 time
Each time, theme of driving technique is decided, the course which parallels to theme (classroom lesson) with practice traveling is done.

2nd theme has planned ?cornering?.
?Send we tuning car fast you want!! Basic compilation?
The roadster which is tuned in each, is adjusted to the tuning contents and [doraibingutekuningu] which utilizes efficiency is instructed.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Just went to R.S. Aizawa on Friday. I had a blast there! It's a family run shop, and they're all really nice, even brought out the demo car (2.1L blue IRTB'd beast) and had a blast! Will do a better writeup when I'm back in the states, but suffice to say, it's a must go if you visit Tokyo.

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
RS Aizawa is located in Zama, Kanagawa, which is out in the boonies. They were kind enough to pick me up at the nearest train station, sagamino, and took me to their shop.

While at the shop, they showed me around, and I picked up a used set of Toda Cams and HKS Cam Gears from them. Chairman Hiroshi Aizawa, President Nobuhiro Aizawa, and their Engine Builder, Mr. Chonan, made me coffee and sat down just to shoot the breeze with me.

Chairman Aizawa scolded us US Roadster guys for not being diligent in swapping out the suspension bushings. He likened them to the joins on our body, and when I told him that people out here don't do it because they're not sexy mods, everyone laughed out loud.

I asked them if Miata piston rings were weak, because mine went at 110k miles. Mr. Chonan said that they're not weak, and it's silly to run the motors so long without a rebuild, as in Japan the O/H the engine every 50K KMs.

They also have a used parts corner upstairs, on the 2nd floor. They had a bunch of cool used parts, but they were mainly too big. Some old school Motec managed ITBs were there for 900 bucks, as well as MS 4pt roll bar for 200 bucks, and Garage Vary Fiberglass headlight vent for like 30 bucks. I would've bought more but didn't have any room so I just picked up what looks to be a beatrush tranny/subframe brace, but instead of being gold, it's blue like cusco parts. Any one have any idea who made that piece?

They also gave me a couple of keychains and a R.S. Aizawa windshield sticker as well as a sticker that had a roadster silhouette "tuned by R.S. Aizawa" sticker!

I also learned that Mr. Aizawa's been in the industry for close to 50 years, and the demo roadster was the one used for the sounds in Initial D.

As I was waiting to get picked up by my aunt who recently moved nearby, Chairman Aizawa asked me, "Wanna see the democar?" and sent someone to go grab it. It sounded SWEET. I was surprised to see a radio in the car, and it's really a work of art.

I've been to Spoon, Mugen, and the like in the past, but it was definietly the best experience I had at a shop! They're quality people, that Aizawa crew.

·
Registered
201 Posts
how far is their place from tokyo?

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
about an hour out of downtown tokyo by train. Their shop is not walkable. Take a taxi or let them know and they'll pick you up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Ill be in Japan this friday and wondering if its worth the trip.

·
This is a long user title
3,187 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts