ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys I'm fairly new here and tried to do a "Search" on this but didn't really come up with anything. They look pretty identical, but I don't know. The RS one is a bit more expensive than the KG works one on Rspeed. I love these gauges and would like to buy a wrinkle black one :)

Could someone explain the differences to me? These look so much alike. Almost as if the same company made them but different brand names attatched to them

RS products http://rev9autosport.com/na/interior/rs-products-classic-meter-panel-type-1.html

KG Works http://www.rspeed.net/RSpeed_KG_Works_Independent_Look_Panel_Miata_p/na0-58015.htm

I really like the KG works black one the best. Maybe its because the pictures just look a bit better on Rspeed site.

·
Registered
11,685 Posts
According to Max of Rev9, they ARE the same. Made in the same place by the same folks.

However, I've seen some RS clusters sold without the stock cluster piece. You have to hack apart a stock plexi cover and install the glass/aluminum/light overlay. KG Works always comes as a pre-made plug and play piece.

The KG Works cluster is usually sold out. They still make them once in a while, but it's not extremely often.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eeek! for the price difference it wouldn't be worth buying the RS's if you have to hack apart the back part on stock cluster. That kind of sucks. Maybe I'll give Rev9 a call and ask.

According to Max of Rev9, they ARE the same. Made in the same place by the same folks.

However, I've seen some RS clusters sold without the stock cluster piece. You have to hack apart a stock plexi cover and install the glass/aluminum/light overlay. KG Works always comes as a pre-made plug and play piece.

The KG Works cluster is usually sold out. They still make them once in a while, but it's not extremely often.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought my car in Japan and always wondered who made the meter panel. Mines the silver finish but with stock dials behind it. It's nice but the high beam globe lights up the entire cabin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts