ClubRoadster.net banner

6181 - 6200 of 6351 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,630 Posts
to be fair she grew up in a pigsty and literally never had to be responsible for anything. Her upbringing has the cards stacked against her.
While we are all products of our environment and how we were raised, we’re also free thinking adults with the ability to be whomever we choose. It’s classic will versus skill.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,212 Posts
Bingo, force the issue
Might have to. Don't want to. Family's already got enough communication issues, lol.
“People” seem wired to try to maintain status quo, whether that’s employment at a particular job, involvement in a relationship, or even the diet you maintain. That’s fine, but there’s an opportunity cost. Sometimes it really is better to face uncertainty and do something different, than it is to be “comfortable” in your now.
You shut your hole with that [perfectly logical] Pig Latin.
Don't make her excuses for her unless you're willing to accept them lol.
Goooooood point.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,069 Posts
We're getting hammered with snow today. I'd have taken a day off if I got any PTO at all. Terrible out. Drove the wife to work so I've been up an hour more than usual at this point. We've got another foot coming.
There's literally nothing where I'm at but all around me is getting snow... I'm not complaining. I'm "working" from home and set up my christmas tree lol

·
100% Jakedashian
6,443 Posts
In an extremely uncharacteristic move my dad just got a 2TB SSD for his home computer. Weird.
That's the joke I was making, apparently Jake missed it. Thanks for pointing it out for him!
I was playing along but I guess I did it too well.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
I am distracted and may have fallen into that trap, lol. Probably my bad not yours.

There's literally nothing where I'm at but all around me is getting snow... I'm not complaining. I'm "working" from home and set up my christmas tree lol
I wish. I'm watching my truck get buried for the second time in 24 hours. I gotta drop off some dry cleaning and I'm not even positive they'll be open.

·
7,630 Posts
Also TY James and Jake for liking my page ILY both. But thank you more James. ILY most.
You’re welcome bud! Good luck!

We are getting a lot of sunshine lately... which is nice in the moment. Then there’s no insulation and it’s totally balls when the temp drops to 20*. Ugh. I just need snow in the mountains. Come on baby! Daddy needs to use his new boot liners!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'm glad I've been so busy today lol. This conversation makes me want to hurt myself.

Anyone want to hear about Norway? Amsterdam? Ate a lot of good food, played in snow, saw some wildlife, drank a lot of new beer, good stuff.

·
7,630 Posts
I'm glad I've been so busy today lol. This conversation makes me want to hurt myself.

Anyone want to hear about Norway? Amsterdam? Ate a lot of good food, played in snow, saw some wildlife, drank a lot of new beer, good stuff.
It’s fun to say the same thing multiple times a few different ways. It’s literally a game to me now.

Would love to hear more about the trip. I casually followed in IG but didn’t look up what was actually where and... well... I’m crap at geography.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
So I went to Tromso, Norway. It's way up. Like on the top of Europe. Also to Amsterdam, that's like to the right of France and on the water.

Tromso was cold, but not horrible. It's not humid. Had some snow. Saw the Northern Lights, it is a really beautiful little city. It's got this insane tunnel network that you drive in. So like you go from the airport into the city and go in a tunnel.. no big deal.. Europe like tunnels... but then you just keep going and then there are round-abouts IN the tunnel. So lie driving and then go and around and turn. I took video and will see if I can post it. It's really fun... then you just pop out on the other side of the island. Nice for a place that gets a ton of snow. Once you get inside, you just go. Drove out to the coast which is like the end of the wold. Just beautiful snowy mountains against the Norwegian Sea and like NO people. Just quiet. I loved it.

Amsterdam is 100% opposite. Busy, has everything you could ever want and a lot you never knew existed. Just everything all the time. Had great food. The Indonesian dinner was my favorite. Saw a lot of canals, a lot of art. Their tram network is just magic. You go anywhere just hop on and off. In a way, I like it better than a subway since you don't have to go into a station and all of that. You just jump on and get to see the city. I've been in tons of places with great public transit networks but I think this is the best tram network I've ever seen.

·
7,630 Posts
That trip sounds awesome, Jenn. How vivid were the lights to the naked eye? They always say you can catch them with a camera up here but I just don’t think it’s the same... nor do I like being that cold, lol.

Tunnels sound... interesting.

I bought a Swiffer wetjet today. I'm unreasonably excited.
Pro tip: hold it up a few inches when spraying so you don’t soak your cabinets. The spray pattern isn’t perfect, lol.

Just upped my Hulu to include live tv so I can watch the game. Planning to change it right back down after the game. I really can’t wait until someone gets smart and invents cable... again.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Swiffers suck! There I said it. My house is 3500 sq.ft and all hardwood and slate. A swiffer just isnt man enough for a job that big. My wife brought one home once and I laughed at her.
"What are you going to do with that?"
" Clean the floors"
"We'll see..."
Two hours later she threw it in a closet and has never looked at it since.

6181 - 6200 of 6351 Posts