ClubRoadster.net banner

6201 - 6220 of 6351 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
That trip sounds awesome, Jenn. How vivid were the lights to the naked eye? They always say you can catch them with a camera up here but I just don’t think it’s the same... nor do I like being that cold, lol.

Tunnels sound... interesting.
They don't look the same with naked eye for sure. The tour guide who sees them regularly said that the full blue and green dancing across the sky thing that you see in pictures is not very common and usually very edited. It usually just looks like this strange light moving across the sky. It's eerie but really cool. Kind of hard to describe. Like light in places in the sky where you know it shouldn't and couldn't be and moving around and wispy ways.

The camera brings out the color and them and they do look green in the photos.

a lot of European cities have tunnels under them. There are definitely big ones under the major cities like London and Paris. But Tromso is only a city of 70,000 people so an extensive tunnel network is really cool IMO. Those Norwegians are so efficient.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Norrhern lights are common here in the late summer to early fall. Definitely not the vivid colours you see on tv and pictures but they flicker and dance like fire.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
7,630 Posts
Right on Jenn. Kinda what I figured.

Swiffers suck!
I agree on the regular Swiffer but I like the wet jet for doing our hardwoods downstairs. It’s probably 900 square feet of surface to clean and I can throw away the dirt.

Unfortunately pet hair would render it unusable after about 2 ft.
Your comments about the state of your home today make me gag. Like literally. I’m not even a clean freak and I’ve had 3 dogs in my home.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,443 Posts
Wichitas new public transport solution is monorail cats

I just bought a roborock and ran it the first time. Looks like it'll keep the pet hair to a minimum. Damn cats.
Does it? I use a big cyclone vac to try to keep up with the pet hair but it seems like an hour after I vacuum it's just as bad. Seems like a little Roomba thingie would get clogged instantly.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,069 Posts
The best way to describe one time I've seen the northern lights was if a kaleidoscope and a Windows 98 screensaver had a love child... And it was the entire sky. Apparently there was some huge solar flare up and I managed to catch it at the right time. At the very end, there was the classic red and green dancing ribbons

·
7,630 Posts
Want to talk myself into some new hockey gear, but most of my stuff is already new.
What do you want and why? I’ll decide which direction I’ll try and sway you, lol.

Oof polos
This used to be my take but now that they have slim or athletic fits and cotton isn’t your only choice I wear them to work occasionally. Plus it’s the normal choice for golfing so I’ve accepted it. I can understand your reaction.

The last time I wore a long sleeve “polo” was a rugby style shirt in like 01. Shudder.

It’s giving Tuesday... anyone giving? Something or somewhere cool?

·
100% Jakedashian
6,443 Posts
Long sleeve shirts are just bad. If I want sleeves I put on a jacket otherwise I do not want sleeves jangling around my wrists while I type. If I try to roll them up over my swole AF forearm it just stretches them out and when they inevitably unroll themselves I have the sleeve version of bell-bottoms.

All of my hate.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,212 Posts
What do you want and why? I’ll decide which direction I’ll try and sway you, lol.
The one that'd be most useful is a new girdle. Something to wear under my hockey pants, which, while having adequate protection against stick or puck hits, are not cushioned enough to keep a fall to the ice from being painful.

Besides that, some gloves that fit better and having a new stick because if two sticks are good, three must be better, right?
It’s giving Tuesday... anyone giving? Something or somewhere cool?
Taking my son to hockey practice means that sadly I see my daughter for about 5min this morning before I leave for work and 5min when I get home from practice (if that). Repeat every Tuesday and Thursday from October to March.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,069 Posts
The one that'd be most useful is a new girdle. Something to wear under my hockey pants, which, while having adequate protection against stick or puck hits, are not cushioned enough to keep a fall to the ice from being painful.
Uhhhhhh you don't wear a hockey girdle under hockey pants.

Or do you currently have the girdle and shell combo?

·
Registered
174 Posts
They make shirts that aren't plaid flannel? Next you guys will be saying that they make pants that arent made of denim. You dont have to lie to make friends

·
Mufasa in Training
31,212 Posts
Uhhhhhh you don't wear a hockey girdle under hockey pants.

Or do you currently have the girdle and shell combo?
Shows what I know.

Currently have an entry level pair of pants with pads already installed. Was only thinking about it because I got my feet taken out and fell hip-first to the ice. While I wasn't injured, some better padding would've helped.

Perhaps I just need more expensive pants (with better pads).

·
7,630 Posts
They make shirts that aren't plaid flannel? Next you guys will be saying that they make pants that arent made of denim. You dont have to lie to make friends
You probably always wear a toque, too, don’t ya? I’ll keep wearing my beanie ya filthy animal.

I never wore pants or a girdle in roller hockey and never played ice... but from reading, I think I’d like the fit of a girdle better. The shitty part is you probably need to actually wear both to really know. Good luck...

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,543 Posts
You’re perfect for Canada, please disregard all fashion advice and continue on wearing red and black flannel with a top layer of light wash denim.

6201 - 6220 of 6351 Posts