ClubRoadster.net banner

6361 - 6372 of 6372 Posts

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
lol I ain't finna pay $200/mo in insurance for a damn bike. I'll stick in the 90s where stuff's cheap.
Steve is interested in whatever pot you're on.

I pay 30/m for my 2016 gsxr750 full coverage. That fz09 would be cheaper still, and without full coverage, even more so.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,450 Posts
Steve is interested in whatever pot you're on.

I pay 30/m for my 2016 gsxr750 full coverage. That fz09 would be cheaper still, and without full coverage, even more so.
We have vastly different insurance situations. I quoted a cbr500f a friend had for a decent price and it was about $140/mo. I am not talking out of my ass.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,450 Posts
It's absurd. I've shopped the hell out of it with several brokers but I'm under 25 with a garbage insurance history. Totally nonsensical that a 90s literbike is somehow cheaper than a beginner-tier 500cc bike but... whatever.

And, hey. I like 90s bikes. And with my increased effort to my YouTube channel I could stand to make a crap decision that won't effect my ability to get to work. #content

Wonder if I could find one of those rotary Suzukis?

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,546 Posts
Because you (people on your policy cough) average at least one accident per year, and a 90s bike is worth less than something newer.

Insurance isn’t difficult to figure out; the amount you pay is a confluence of two primary factors - the probability of a claim, and the likely cost of that claim.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,450 Posts
Because you (people on your policy cough) average at least one accident per year, and a 90s bike is worth less than something newer.

Insurance isn’t difficult to figure out; the amount you pay is a confluence of two primary factors - the probability of a claim, and the likely cost of that claim.
Fair, though the age of the bike seems like it would have minimal effect on liability + medial insurance.

In other news: my Konis are here. Now I can stare at their yellow majesty until next month when my "money to spend on fun stuff" budget resets and I can buy the springs and bump stops to go with them and then maybe put them on. Stoked.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
8,546 Posts
Fair, though the age of the bike seems like it would have minimal effect on liability + medial insurance.
If you hit something while riding, you’ll cause much less damage than a car might so liability (and bodily injury to those you hit) are less risky. I’m not sure whether you’re shopping policies with personal injury protection, but, even then, there’s likely a pretty significant dollar limit on that coverage (and, well, what’s the most likely outcome of a significant collision?).

·
Registered
177 Posts
Finished physical therapy today. I have to do a lot of stuff differently now. Had to learn different ways to walk and move in general. Very strange. Can't wait to get back on two wheels, though. This summer I may try to get my hands on a leather riding suit and go to a track day with a buddy.
Physio? How did you injure yourself? I also had to learn to walk again but wasnt given any physio. As far as the insurance goes, you Americans are spoiled. To insure my 1985 honda shadow 500 cost about $240 for 3 months up here and I gladly pay it. We have a government owned insurance monopoly up here so I cant even shop around. I have 3 other bikes that are over 1000 cc the newest one being 2001 and the oldest being a 1979 and those range from $500 to $700 for 3 months insurance. (3 months being the minimum amount of time you can insure anything up here, not including temporary moving permits for $50 a day)

·
100% Jakedashian
6,450 Posts
Physio? How did you injure yourself? I also had to learn to walk again but wasnt given any physio. As far as the insurance goes, you Americans are spoiled. To insure my 1985 honda shadow 500 cost about $240 for 3 months up here and I gladly pay it. We have a government owned insurance monopoly up here so I cant even shop around. I have 3 other bikes that are over 1000 cc the newest one being 2001 and the oldest being a 1979 and those range from $500 to $700 for 3 months insurance. (3 months being the minimum amount of time you can insure anything up here, not including temporary moving permits for $50 a day)
A man in a crossover SUV had a disagreement with a red light and I got caught up in it on my Shadow. I got the carbs sorted out an hour prior and was going on a first ride with fully functional fuel delivery. I paid $800 for 12 months of liability + medical coverage for that bike, a 1984 Shadow 700. I didn't realize Canada's insurance situation was so whack, despite having a friend who is a motorcycle instructor up there and owns something in the neighborhood of 8 or 9 bikes including a dope retro Honda CBR250RR 4-cyl screamer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
BC has the highest insurance rates in Canada unfortunately. ICBC is corrupt and abused. Last year they made a big public statement reporting a loss of 3 billion dollars. They used this as an excuse to restructure peoples insurance rates and we saw an increase of about 15%. What they didnt tell the public is that that 3 billion dollars loss was a result of the BC government taking 3.5 billion from them and reallocating those funds to other sectors of government. Now there is a large cry to move to privatised insurance companies. ICBC combated this by running radio and television adds trying to equate private insurance to American private health care, stating that service would decline and prices would rise. Both are incredibly inaccurate statements and even if they weren't, equating it the private health care makes very little sense when it should be compared to American private insurance if anything. Goes to show how ignorant and gullible our government thinks we are.

6361 - 6372 of 6372 Posts