ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
7181 - 7200 of 7239 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I’m not sure what you’re even arguing anymore.
Wasnt meant to be an argumentative statement. I sometimes get the feeling that you just straight up don't like me. Seems weird to me because most people do but I guess we're back to that "to each their own" philosophy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
They’ll fix it, then pursue you for payment (same as, I assume, might happen in Canada). US hospitals do write off a fair chunk of uncollectible debts.
I don't think that goes for treatments as well though. Sorry for the shoddy example.
The irrefutable fact remains: Canadians pay in some way for their healthcare. Is it a much lower number than Americans and does their system have advantages? Absolutely.

Are we really arguing about whether or not that scenario in which Canadians pay for their healthcare in some way is "free" or "not free?"

Boy i hope not.
"We" aren't. I myself am arguing about the healthcare itself, which you, as I've already plenty discussed, do not pay for. Y'all might be (and, matter of fact, seem to be) arguing about the scenario, i.e. the big picture (one might say, the life, specifically, the life in Canada), which you absolutely pay for, with taxes!
What seems to be the issue is "we" keep thinking we're arguing about the same thing.

I'd also hope that if "words" are your industry, you'd refrain from using the word "costed" in the manner you just did. Because it's wrong. ;)

I have words. I have the best words. People love my words. Ask my friends.
Oh no, my friend, the word was used in the perfect context. You see, costed is an acronym for "Concealer404's Oh-So Tedious: Eat" and I can't recall what the next letter stood for, sorry, but I do remember the context I used it in, a sentence to be nitpicked upon by concealer404, was spot-on correct, as you just proved.

Leave it to me to hope that you'd refrain from reading the words "I've worked" in the manner you just did.
Because it's wrong. ;)

Also, something to add to your collection of best words: proofreading.
A lovely little word, personally, that stands for "a practice common in professional writing and important projects, usually not expected of people communicating informally."
If you want an example of a proofread paragraph:
"I thoroughly revised this writing word by word and can definitly claim there is not a single error, because, while I can be silly at times, I'm not an inconpetent, and when I put in costant effort into typing correctly I can manage it just fine, so do correct me and make all your jokes (just as I do with anyone, myself included) but with a little bit more kindnes, because poking actual fun at me for my sloppy typing when I'm typing ten words a second is sensless.
Sincerely,
Mars.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Anyway, hump day. My back hurts already. At least the soreness [...] is pretty much gone now.
Imagine reading this not being familiar with the concept of Hump Day.
In a Miata forum.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,516 Posts
Wasnt meant to be an argumentative statement. I sometimes get the feeling that you just straight up don't like me. Seems weird to me because most people do but I guess we're back to that "to each their own" philosophy.
Don’t fret - I don’t like most people. I try to rationalize my world, and so I struggle to interact with irrational people. This thread is part of my therapy.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Big words. Best words. Most syllables. Very wow.
Oh.
Well, now that I look at it, there are more mistakes than that:
definitly,
inconpetent,
costant,
kindnes,
sensless.

And looking at those initials reminded me of what he had to eat in that acronym.

Also, get your charger Andy.

·
Super Moderator
2,597 Posts
Wow, my garbage is free because it's part of my local taxes. Ben, you should move here and get free garbage collection.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,266 Posts
lol "motorcycling isn't dangerous" ok bud

I'd come throw hands but my back hurts cuz some distracted idiot ran a red light and hit me.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wow, my garbage is free because it's part of my local taxes. Ben, you should move here and get free garbage collection.
And if he doesn't like it there, he can go away for free, because-
Actually, let's not be gratuitously mean.

lol "motorcycling isn't dangerous" ok bud
I think he meant it's not "you should pay more taxes" dangerous.

I'd come throw hands but my back hurts cuz some distracted idiot ran a red light and hit me.
For real? How bad is it, pain and damage-wise?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,350 Posts
This sounds like one of those celebrity tweets people retweet with stupid captions.
In context: I was referring to the discussion of Land Rover parts being cheaper than I'd previously expected.
Yeah RT getting a little frisky.
Indeed it is. Somehow, I missed out on the entire discussion.

·
Registered
508 Posts
In context: I was referring to the discussion of Land Rover parts being cheaper than I'd previously expected.
Oh I do know. But Internet is all about decontextualization.
Indeed it is. Somehow, I missed out on the entire discussion.
All you need to know is I answered to a joke about my typo with a joke about my typo and a joke using my typos, because I'm a sucker for meta-gaming language.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Not much to miss I guess.

Finna head to the gym boys. I don't understand how people enjoy this. Tacos and chips with guac, plus maybe ceviche.. All enjoyable. Gym? Awful.

·
Administrator
15,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,193
Imagine getting so tweaked over a grammar correction after you posted that you "do words" for a living during a post dismissing the 12+ years someone else has had in the industry the discussion was originally about...

... that you hijacked said discussion and resorted to suggesting the admin of a website eat some penis.

Act your age, indeed.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,266 Posts
For real? How bad is it, pain and damage-wise?
To me or the bike? Four months later I can confidently say that physical therapists are magic and I have learned a lot about myself. The bike has been gone for a while. Also the state of kansas has yet to get me the title for it yet so I haven't been able to send it to the insurance company, which is... fun.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Imagine getting so tweaked over a grammar correction after you posted that you "do words" for a living during a post dismissing the 12+ years someone else has had in the industry the discussion was originally about...

... that you hijacked said discussion and resorted to suggesting the admin of a website eat some penis.

Act your age, indeed.
Uh.... it was a joke, you know. I thought it was pretty clear. Like, I understand it's the most overused copout, but seriously, I really didn't think that posting a Supa Hot Fire GIF to hype your "comeback" up could be taken as something serius. I just wanted to answer in a more entertaining way than "whoops", but, like... I could never anticipate such an overdramatic response to the acknowledgement that sometimes when writing in a different language the stuff I churn out isn't exactly water tight... being taken seriously. I thought my exaggeration was self-evident, though it's not the first time I've mistakenly thought so.
If I had any sort of hard feelings strong enough to outdoo my utmost respect for all the zelos work you put into this site so that people like me can find use and entertainment in it, I'd hardly dress them up as punchlines.
And if there's anyone who'd express their wish for someone to experience something unpleasant with "Go eat a ****", that's surely not me.

[Also, for the sake of precision, I never said that I've ever done it for a living, I said and underlined the experience resides in the past, I could hardly dismiss an amount of experience never mentioned in the first place, the discussion was about the meaning of a word and not the medical industry, you yourself acted like the discussion was hardly ever there in the first place so I didn't think keeping it from derailing mattered to anybody and in fact I saw more people eager to end it than otherwise, and your position as an admin has absolutely nothing to do with it]

·
Registered
508 Posts
To me or the bike? Four months later I can confidently say that physical therapists are magic and I have learned a lot about myself. The bike has been gone for a while. Also the state of kansas has yet to get me the title for it yet so I haven't been able to send it to the insurance company, which is... fun.
"Pain" referred to you, "damage" to the bike. I was not aware you were talking about four months ago, and thought you'd just chimed in on my typo joke to tell everyone you had a crash.
I'm not in the position to be arsed to make a meme about it, so picture it yourself:
"Is four months a lot?"
"Depends on the context."
"For my back to heal? Yes."
"For Kansas to get my title? No."

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,662 Posts
Mars... just pump the brakes. You’re trying way too hard. I tried to explain this one of the other few times you stormed the castle.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mars... just pump the brakes. You’re trying way too hard.
Uh.
I guess you won't be happy about the outcome of the proofread to my last answer to him then.
I tried to explain this one of the other few times you stormed the castle.
I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR PEACH FOR THIRTY FIVE YEARS AND IT'S JUST NHEAHVer therehuhuhuhhoooo

·
Registered
508 Posts
Oh man I need tacos and guac. So hungry.
What size are you where you get 'em? I never really understood how big they're supposed to be.

7181 - 7200 of 7239 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.