ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 2951 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
10,754 Posts
That’s precisely what I was thinking as well. For example... the Lincoln that Dax drives in Hit and Run. It’s probably a little too modern for some people but that’s a nearly perfect car to me.

·
10,754 Posts
I don’t think Miatas qualify because they already had modern components like fuel injection and disc brakes. If the original Miata was carbed on drums then bringing them current could qualify.

·
10,754 Posts
Ugh. This guy at work ends every email with “Talk to you later...” and it drives me fucking nuts. I didn’t talk to you now. I don’t want or need to talk to you later. **** off.

Yeah, Chris, we seent it. Already got sad about how ridiculously far it is but also said we could fly to Knoxville, drive the dragon down, and just make it a grand old time. I’m not going this year anyway.

Did I mention I already have an interview on Tuesday? It’s been a hot minute. Pretty excited to just go through that process. It’s been too long.

·
10,754 Posts
That’s a quality post. Where’s quality control when I need them?

I think the only thing more we could ask for is a Zillow link... but I wouldn’t expect you to post that, lol.

Now I can say congrats and good luck on getting it back in tip top. We looked at a lot of houses and did see 1 with the kitchen laundry setup. That whole house was super....... eclectic. And it also had a normal laundry room so I think it was set up for MDU or at least subletting.

·
10,754 Posts
The problem with building an NA is I think I’d want some meaty 14s and you just can’t buy tires anymore. Something with a decent sidewall but also like 225 width. Damn you times for a-changin!

I’m enjoying the slightly more modern lines of the NB. It seems just a bit more serious without being offensive. I think I want a small splitter and some kind of wing... but the wing just puts it over the top. Why do performance and aesthetics so often not agree with each other?

Also... #hardtopmasterrace

·
10,754 Posts
See pictures of my car for a NB with a wing. If it is the right size then it isn't over the top.
You've got the J Spec spoiler, right? That's not exactly the effective kinda wing I'm talking about, boo.

How did the interview go James? Did you do that yet?
It's Tuesday at 1PM. I'll keep y'all posted. ;)

·
10,754 Posts
I noticed the passes were closed. Stay safe up there man.
Let me tell you a story all about how...

Some of this will be foreign to most of y’all not named Henry, lol.

I worked at Stevens Pass Ski til 4. They closed the pass (the road, not the resort) at about 3 in both directions. Trees over the road and multiple accidents. 1000’s stranded. I tried to head my normal way home about 6:30ish and was stopped in a line of traffic just outside of Skykomish from about 7:15 to 8:30. That’s when I decided to get stupid and make the loop. I drove back over Stevens Pass, down Blewett Pass, and home over Snoqualmie Pass. That’s a lot of driving over mountain passes. There’s was only about 10 miles of that where it wasn’t snow covered and snowing. Most of it was good snow and wide highways so I was doing 40-50. The last 15 miles was about 10” deep and not plowed. I did 20-25 the whole way and was counter steering a LOT. Made it home at 1:30am.

This is an unpaid advertisement for AWD CX5 and Blizzaks.

·
10,754 Posts
This is kinda cute. Lol. Meanwhile in Canada we got a dump of about 45 cm ( 17.7") of snow in town on friday which I fairly easily plowed through with my 300 all weekend because my wife took the Hummer to work.
Are you near sea level or crossing 3 passes at 4000’ of elevation? Also do you have a crew of fully prepared maintenance vehicles that actually use salt and cinders?

Come at me, bro.

·
10,754 Posts
I skied in Montana at -20*F air temp. I think wind chill was about -40*F. Honestly wasn’t bad at all. The ski lift wasn’t pleasant when the wind whipped but I didn’t layer up much. Just one extra under armour shirt. Skiing into the wind was brisk.

That was also the day I bought a balaclava...

1 - 20 of 2951 Posts