ClubRoadster.net banner

RT X: Mission Around Mars

346K views 24K replies 43 participants last post by  100percentjake 
#1 ·
Ask and ye shall receive.

#23,843 ·
I chose tires for the Miata. I ordered some nitto neo gens which seemed like a good 3 season option. I didn't want true summer tires as I regularly drive in 30-40 degree weather in the spring and fall. I also pulled the lazy lever and spent money instead of the time/effort needed for refinishing my stock wheels and ordered bronze Konig hypergrams for the tires to be mounted on.

#23,847 ·
Well yesterday was a bit of ass. Went to get ready for a photoshoot and found that my A7 III had broken. Found a used one on marketplace and bought it 30 minutes later for about a grand, and on my way there realized the Corvettes' wipers are broken and stuck on. My buddy who owned it previously said the same thing happened to him in 2020 and he replaced the motor and cleaned the "udder" water drain that usually causes that issue. So that's... fun.

Now today I'm supposed to go do the AC at noon but I have this huge bastard of a video that has to be edited before tomorrow which probably means I'm up till 3am again tonight.

#23,848 ·
Man, body failing is such a bummer. I checked my D200 at one point and it had over 180k shutter presses. If only it wasn't stone age sensor tech. It's a beast.

If you weren't such an over-achiever you would be less disappointed by life throwing you curveballs. I swear you take on so many projects it is impressive af, and most of them seem to actually get completed. DIY life is hard sometimes. When I think about finishing the Exocet AND the hillclimb miat AND turbocharging the m3 and renovating a house it's like wtf am I doing and why am I doing it? But then I think about having someone else **** it up for me instead and charging me money for the privilege, and I'm like, no thanks, I got this.

#23,851 ·
Well the AC in the Corvette works now. Needs a belt tensioner though, and I got distracted and put high flow cats in it and now the exhaust rattles against something so that needs addressed. It sounds WAY better now though.

Also got a Dell storage shelf that I'm setting up to add 40 terabytes to my server. Messing around with used enterprise hardware is fun. And the engine finally went to the shop to be put in my Miata. And this weekend I'm driving to Tulsa to pick up my late uncle's 3rd gen Honda Magne 750 which will probably go straight to the shop for new tires (whitewalls, obvs), carb clean, and a couple other incidentals.

Also my 2003 BMW 330i is knocking on the door of 300k miles and it drives wonderfully. No lights on the dash, either. Probably going to have a custom exhaust made for it for its 300k birthday. And have the upholstery fixed on the driver seat.

Aaaaaand just got a shipping notification for the ABS module for the M5, so I can throw that in, swap out the front hubs, have the rotors turned, and get an alignment and that big bastard will be back on the road. Yay!