ClubRoadster.net banner
21421 - 21440 of 21500 Posts

· Mufasa in Training
52,331 Posts
If I had moved a long way away years ago, I'd probably be a lot more hesitant to leave (to move closer to home), too. To be honest, I'm surprised I ever got this far from home, lol

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
Felt like a badass today. Wrote a script that fills in a huge gap in our MSP software by showing us what machines have SSDs, and effectively returns "hey buy X many SSDs of Y size to cover their needs" to extend the life of some otherwise okay machines (I filter by RAM and CPU to make sure we aren't wasting money upgrading e-waste). Powershell is both neat and infuriating (why is math so hard?)

Also found a rogue device that had an undocumented static IP that was interfering with some very expensive industrial equipment. MAC address in the ARP table didn't come back as a known manufacturer, it didn't have a web interface, they didn't have managed switches (dear god people BUY MANAGED SWITCHES FFS). Ended up portscanning it 100 ports at a time and found port 23 open. Hadn't seen that one in a while, so after realizing that Windows no longer includes a telnet client by default (wtf) I connected to it and it identified itself on the login screen as a fingerprint scanner. Security company effed up and set the static IP on one of their door access controls to the same as their (VERY WELL DOCUMENTED) PLCs.

Time for a drink.

· Registered
6,156 Posts
Kitteh.

My neck is still killing me. Trying to get some time in at my PC today though, but I am hating it. Trying to work on a power point and I have no interest in it at all. Good thing I need to present on it tomorrow.

· Mufasa in Training
52,331 Posts
Whacked my shoulder (and my head) on the boards last night when my feet got taken out from under me in a game. Pretty sure I got my bell rung, too. Shoulder is pretty sore right now, but not as bad as it was when I woke up this morning.

· 1000% Jake
6,308 Posts
You wear a helmet, presumably. So hopefully that did it's job. I used to play hockey without gear, with two traffic cones for a goal. Definitely hurts to hit the ice, but when I was a teen I was basically indestructible.

Now I'm like, ow? This year I ramped up my activity and stopped drinking completely, and I'm mostly noticing that life hurts more than it used to.

Still, not drinking is on balance worth it.

· Too young to #swag
3,102 Posts
Still, not drinking is on balance worth it.
Agreed. I cut out alcohol for 3 years and it was great. Dipped back in and will have a drink with dinner maybe once a month or so. Overall, no alcohol was and has been a great decision, for me that is.

I will say, the only downside is having people consistently ask you why you don’t drink.

· Mufasa in Training
52,331 Posts
I don't think I've even been within arm's reach of a Macan, much less sat in or driven one. I'm curious what they're like (not that I'd ever likely ever own one).

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
Tire Wheel Sky Cloud Vehicle

Sold my black Ranger and bought my first 4x4. Manual longbed '89 4cyl. Wildly good shape for the age. Rear wheel arches are rusty from crap flinging up off the tires but the rest of the truck is completely rot-free. Trans has a bent fork or something that we're going to hopefully diagnose/fix this weekend then it's wheelin' time.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window Steering wheel

The interior is BLUE! I love it.

· First Things First I'm The Realist
12,017 Posts
I’m flying several times per years these days. It’s not bad. If checking a bag, go to the desk and do so. Don’t add the anxiety of self tagging if it’s been that long. They’re strict about 1 carry on bag and 1 personal item these days. Go through security. Have your ID and boarding pass ready. Assuming you’re not precheck you’ll have to remove your shoes and your laptop from your bag. Some airports have newer scanners with bins for everything. Others don’t. Empty your pockets. Take off your heavy jacket and belt. Get a free x ray. Maybe get violated by an agent. Mill about the overpriced trail mix. Enjoy your flight. It’s fine. You’re fine. Everything’s fine.

21421 - 21440 of 21500 Posts