ClubRoadster.net banner
21441 - 21460 of 21500 Posts

· Mufasa in Training
52,331 Posts
Enjoy an overpriced airport beer while waiting to board
I've found that beer gives me a super uncomfortable bubble in my chest, as if I have a combination of bad heartburn and a bubble of gas that I can't quite belch/burp up. It sucks because I enjoy my dark beers, but I have pretty much had to give beer up entirely :(

· Mufasa in Training
52,331 Posts
Some friends of mine had a full grown one. That little guy was a character. As adults, their ears and smile make them look just downright comical:

They always just look like they're up to something. In the case of my friends' dog, he always was up to something :ROFLMAO:

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

Trying to make an aftermarket motor controller play nice with a cheap brushless DC motor is tons of fun.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Rim

Even opened the motor and moved the hall sensors from their (incorrect) stock position that had some level of, effectively, timing advance built in that I thought might be messing with the controller. No dice. Didn't break the motor though, so there's that.

Might buy a different controller. Some say trapezoidal control works better than sinusoidal for these motors which... makes very little sense to me, other than trapezoidal just being a "dumber" control methodology that is maybe more tolerant to poor motor construction.

Meh.

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
Having just driven across the entirety of the state… respectfully… fvck you.
Fvck you for not dropping by to say hi 🤣

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire

12s 5ah battery swapped out for two 13s 19.2ah batteries. I also gave a crap about cable management when I rebuilt it this time and it honestly looks quite nice now. New controller hopefully gets here friday so I can take full advantage of that extra juice.

Vehicle Hood Automotive design Wheel Automotive lighting

Also did the adult thing and finally got a dashcam. 2 channel Blackvue, 4K and front and rear cameras with parking mode, etc. Ran all the wires through the headliner and pillars and stuff, took damn near all day to install but I'm pleased with the results.

Attachments

· First Things First I'm The Realist
12,017 Posts
you’re just jealous because missouri is worse
Different flavors of suck. I’ll be in jersey next week. Ugh.
Fvck you for not dropping by to say hi 🤣
One of these days. Doing it again in June. Let me know how you like your dash cam. Been considering one myself since I commute.

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
ah. dammit. Just did some explorative disassembly on the Ranger. It's... worse than we thought. Clean ass truck but the rare ass 4WD M4OD-R1 is not savable. Ran out of oil and overheated so bad the gearsets partially melted to each other and the countershaft bearings seized up.

Also the rear leaf springs snapped.

And the flywheel is junk.

So I'm ordering a 4" lift kit, flywheel, and calling a junkyard about a trans. I wanna go offroading dammit.

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
See...if you have to give a proviso...you missed the point.
I can buy every gearset and a full rebuild kit for that trans. They're just expensive. Rockauto even sells a reman trans for $1400. I'm not sure the auto is any better supported ,and the V6 engine options were absolute trash. Wouldn't want an auto behind a 100hp 4cyl anyways lol. That sounds incredibly depressing.

The bowtie club's 4wd offerings from this era absolutely suck to work on. XJ stuff is hilariously expensive and certain year ranges are absolute trash. Wranglers... lol no.

Really the off road bargain right now is xterras. Or if you hate yourself, a Montero Sport. But that's all automatic stuff and I don't swing that way and the squarebody Ranger is better looking (and more nostalgic to me specifically) than either of those.

· First Things First I'm The Realist
12,017 Posts
The bowtie club's 4wd offerings from this era absolutely suck to work on. XJ stuff is hilariously expensive and certain year ranges are absolute trash. Wranglers... lol no.
The 4.3 is an amazing motor. Not sure what’s so bad about them to work on. I’ve torn apart a few in my day. Agreed on XJ pricing being dumb tho. Wish I still had mine.
flights went well. nice and easy with no luggage or bags.
Glad to hear it. It’s honestly easy. I’ll be flying again for work next week and the more you do it the smoother it goes.

Selling a vehicle is absolute shite. I hate everything about it. Considering taking a bath in a trade in to just not deal with it.

· Mufasa in Training
52,331 Posts
I'm sitting in a walk in orthopedic clinic rn hoping something can be done asap for my neck. Hate this.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm heading in tomorrow to get my shoulder looked at. One week later, and it barely feels any better (it's a dull ache that seems to only get worse when I move instead of agonizing pain, that's about it). Here's to hoping I didn't separate it.

21441 - 21460 of 21500 Posts