ClubRoadster.net banner
21461 - 21480 of 21500 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,507 Posts
Dang, cap! What's wrong with the neck??

That really sucks, Bryan! Hopefully it's just bruised and not seperated. My dislocated shoulder is basically good to go at this point. I have nearly full range of motion and essentially no pain in my day to day. I haven't played hockey yet or swung a golf club, but I feel like it won't be an issue by the next season of each sport.

A few months ago I bought a pair of knipex insulated needle nose pliers. They were so much nicer than what I was replacing that it made me notice the quality deficiencies in my other tools. Since then I've replaced most of my daily bag with knipex and milwaukee. They are expensive but honestly do make the work easier and more enjoyable. I should inventory my bag in case it gets stolen, I've probably got $1000+ in a 16" tool bag

· Mufasa in Training
52,331 Posts
That really sucks, Bryan! Hopefully it's just bruised and not seperated. My dislocated shoulder is basically good to go at this point. I have nearly full range of motion and essentially no pain in my day to day. I haven't played hockey yet or swung a golf club, but I feel like it won't be an issue by the next season of each sport.
I can pretty much move it all over. It just hurts to do it. Can't sleep on that side, either. It was unbearable the first couple days, but now it's just painful enough to not be unbearable.
Since then I've replaced most of my daily bag with knipex and milwaukee.
I've been pondering an electric ratchet. Leaning towards Ryobi because I've already got several tools in that ecosystem.

· Super Moderator
5,507 Posts
My entire power tool set is Milwaukee also, mostly M18 but a few m12 including a 3/8 fuel ratchet. I really like the tools.

For work they set us up with the Hilti Nuron 22v line. I actually prefer my Milwaukee tools over the Hilti, except for the grinder. This is fully because I don't have the comparable model, but it's one of those "I didn't know what I didn't know" scenarios. The Hilti has adjustable speed where my Milwaukee is just on/off. It's ridiculously handy to be able to adjust the speed to match the project material needs. I'll be keeping an eye out for a deal on the upgraded Milwaukee grinder that also has adjustable speeds.

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
The 4.3 is an amazing motor. Not sure what’s so bad about them to work on. I’ve torn apart a few in my day. Agreed on XJ pricing being dumb tho. Wish I still had mine.
4.3s are great, it's just.. all the GM surrounding them. Death by a thousand cuts with nonsense like riveted in speakers and window regulators. After helping with a frame off rattlecan resto + LS swap on a round body S10 I just kinda confirmed I prefer Ford stuff by and large.

Though... the full sized stuff is great to build if you're committing to an SLA swap. After all, it already comes with a small block chevy swapped into it, or an LS if you're big money and find an regular cab short bed GMT800.

· First Things First I'm The Realist
12,017 Posts
I don’t recall the reasons but I was convinced the m12 not fuel 3/8” ratchet was better than the fuel version. Easily one of the best purchases I have ever ever made. I chose it over my usual green thing because of battery position and (lack of) weight balance. I’m jealous of all that Knipex but can’t justify the dollars.

Jake I wish I was in a no emissions county or state. I’d do dumb things with my extended cab gmt800. Big choppy cam. Stupid exhaust. Or… For now I’ll just sell it for a new Colorado, lol.

· 1000% Jake
6,308 Posts
Missed Friday. I like. Good selection Bryan.

Back in Seattle. Also like. The tap water doesn't make my skin itch like crazy. People also drive terribly but aren't mean about it. California is like, east coast aggro but with a generous helping of fake sustainability and/or sophistication layered on top. Like, just take away gluten and add an avocado and everything will be fine.

· Mufasa in Training
52,331 Posts
I don’t recall the reasons but I was convinced the m12 not fuel 3/8” ratchet was better than the fuel version. Easily one of the best purchases I have ever ever made. I chose it over my usual green thing because of battery position and (lack of) weight balance. I’m jealous of all that Knipex but can’t justify the dollars.
Did you go for the extended version?
Missed Friday. I like. Good selection Bryan.
Thank you! I have made a concerted effort :)

Good news on my shoulder...looks like I just sprained the AC joint. Going to have to miss a game or two, but should be OK going forward.

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
I don’t recall the reasons but I was convinced the m12 not fuel 3/8” ratchet was better than the fuel version.
I have the fuel. It's too damn powerful and there's no way to turn it down. So every fastener you tighten is loose, loose, loose, and then the skin goes missing from your knuckles. Very annoying.

· R U ?
13,942 Posts
I wanted to take out my rear upright when I got home last night so I could press out the wheel bearing at work. but the damn axle is damn near seized inside the hub. cranked the hell out of the puller, sprayed some rust penetrant, and went to bed. I think I heard it pop..but it might take a few more applications.

· 1000% Jake
6,308 Posts
Lol mine are so frozen in the hub I just swapped the whole uprights in with the axles from the 1.8 donor car. I left the axle nuts a little loose in the hope that 300-ish hp and years of abuse might make them easier to separate when I finally do my hubs.

Oh wait, I was going to upgrade my hubs which means they don't have to come apart after all! I'm so happy suddenly.

· 100% stoke-adelic
8,695 Posts
Buying a full red leather sport interior out of a 335 tonight for my 328. Have to remove the whole interior to upgrade the speakers anyways and I absolutely adore red interiors so... why not. And hopefully red leather won't get as blisteringly hot in the summer as my black PVC "vegan leather" does.

21461 - 21480 of 21500 Posts