ClubRoadster.net banner

2401 - 2420 of 2679 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
6,831 Posts
Ordered the rest of the missing parts for my reverse osmosis filter today, as well as a steam cleaner for some tenacious stains on my couch and a back brace to keep my posture good when riding the Ducati. Looking forward to the steam cleaner. These things look like pure magic.

I just want to fvck bitches and get money.

But, I'm laid off and single during a quarantine. life is bitch.
It's ok, I'm married and employed and I'm still doing neither.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,831 Posts

Also, this thing is really neat. They seem to go for pennies these days with bad batteries, and if you're even slightly comfortable with electronics work the battery packs are fairly trivial to rebuild. The driving experience is pretty special and it's a great lil daily. Used it to do some odd job side hustle stuff last week and already made back what I paid for it so now it's just gravy.

Bonus: driving the Miata on the weekend after driving this is like going from a Geo Metro to an Aston Martin DBS.

·
Super Moderator
2,529 Posts
Jake, thanks for the legit lol. I don't understand though, if you're driving that beast around you should be drowning in b-hole.

Plans for the next place are all up in the air. I'd like another house, but may use the money for continued education banking on higher future earning potential. For now nothing is set in stone at all.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,098 Posts
I'd buy another house. Odds are it appreciates more than your salary would increase (unless you live in Jake's slice of fried b-hole, Kansas). That and you could have tuition forgiveness hitting the white house in the not so distant future. I know how I'd play my hand... as always... you do you, boo.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,086 Posts
It's a seller's market for houses right now (based on recent experience here with one of the stepkids and his gf getting into a house). Good job for you Zac.

Here is the meal, marinade in the bag, on the broiling pan and finished product:

First time using the broiler on this oven so ended up cooking it probably two minutes too long. Meat was tasty although it had a sweetness I am not sure I liked (something to do with the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and rosemary balsamic vinegar I used). I'll most likely use a different recipe next time. Wife was happy though.

Picked up the pup's ashes today. They put them in a nice wooden box with his name on the lid. Hoping that helps the wife start to put it behind her.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,831 Posts
Multiquoting on this new forum software continues to confuse me every time.

Too bad James is looking for a trust, and not a sh!t ton of rust.
Joke's on you, Insights are made entirely of aluminum.

Picked up the pup's ashes today. They put them in a nice wooden box with his name on the lid. Hoping that helps the wife start to put it behind her.
That food looks amazing.

I'm glad your wife gets that to remember the dog by. Michaela wants to exclusively adopt mature animals from now on but... we'll see how she handles it when Kaboom kicks the bucket.

·
Super Moderator
2,529 Posts
Dang, now I am hungry again. Thanks, chief.

First offer that came in is over asking price, but they want some seller assistance with closing costs so really it's basically an asking price offer. All the normal contingencies like a home inspection with sewer, termite and radon inspections. We're waiting on the second offer still, hoping to have both for tomorrow to compare them. If we have both offers tomorrow I'm going to have my agent call the Wildcard Dentist too and see if he wants to throw in a cash offer. I'd be freaking thrilled if that happened because we'd be able to close in probably less than a week, assuming we can get everything needed from the local government during these shutdowns.

·
8,098 Posts
The good news is I’m working with 7’ of pipe. We can get down a turkey vulture away. Oh... I learned that birders like to make references based on bird wingspan today.

Jake we’ve said the same about mature pets. Really just wanna look for the challenge. We’re hoping Marge might be cool with a friend someday. L

Really wishing I wasn’t on my 3rd beer in the 8 o’clock hour... I’ll be a lot happier about it on my 5th.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts

Someone talk me out of buying this to make my new work desk out of.

It's the same width as what I'm working on right now.. but long enough that I could use two pieces of it, and it happens to look 1000% better..it's about double the price of the butcher block counter top I was going to use, but I think it looks twice as good or better.

·
Administrator
15,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,415
Live edge is played.

18" depth isn't enough.

You can make a plank top that will look cooler and not look stupid when the live edge fad dies out tomorrow for less than half the price.

·
8,098 Posts
+1 for 18” not being dee enough. Maybe it’s close if you have a keyboard tray protruding out but that’s just stupid. I’m on board with live edge but not sure I’d want to work over one. I like my nice clean perfect straight edge. And the fad has been going pretty strong for like a decade so it will probably stay a while.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,086 Posts
Cleaned out the dogs' water bowl (well, actually reservoir, thing holds about 5 gallons). Cut up the meat and veggies for tonight's fajitas. Need to get out after lunch and replace the rear sway end links on the CX and rebleed the brakes on the Miata using my Motive bleeder.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,143 Posts
Yeah - agree on depth. You'd have to cut the board in half and rip (and joint) and clean edge on each board to double up the width. A standard desk is minimum 24" deep, preferably 30"+

2401 - 2420 of 2679 Posts