ClubRoadster.net banner

2441 - 2460 of 2679 Posts

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,098 Posts
Which car Jenn? The Cayman or do you still have a Miata?

RPF1 is an ok wheel. Much better in gold or SBC than the silver that everyone has. A friend of mind has like 5 sets for his 240 because they’re so cheap and are still the easy button.

I took a shower before starting work for the first time since Friday the 6th. Feels weird. Like... my day is all downhill from here.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,831 Posts
Me: crafts forum post laying out my problems, steps taken so far to resolve them, and contextual info about the car
Random forum dickhead: put your location in your profile! use the search function!

Twats. Both of those were done long before this genius came along and if my issue was solved by any of the threads I could find by searching I wouldn't be putting this much effort into a post.

I hate people.

It’s why you wear Lee and Steve wears Joes.
What do these words mean?

·
8,098 Posts
I, too, wear Levi's. I don't spend hundreds on jeans. But some people do. Just like some people spend double on SBC finish. I guess that was my point? I don't know... now I'm just lost thinking about you in those jeans...

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Which car Jenn? The Cayman or do you still have a Miata?

RPF1 is an ok wheel. Much better in gold or SBC than the silver that everyone has. A friend of mind has like 5 sets for his 240 because they’re so cheap and are still the easy button.

I took a shower before starting work for the first time since Friday the 6th. Feels weird. Like... my day is all downhill from here.

Cayman R.

Mike bought the Miata from me a few years ago.

·
Super Moderator
2,529 Posts
So, I just got a call from the COO and it turns out they misstated what they were actually doing. I am actually not laid off, even though they emailed a letter saying that the company was closed and the whole crew was laid off, and instead they are fully paying me while I am off during the 14 day quarantine period from last Wednesday when I was sent home as a precaution due to having a low fever.

This smells like damage control because they know I was super pissed off about the whole situation. Add to that the fact that they will now likely be able to apply for some of that sweet government assistance money and it all seems like a cover instead of actually trying to take care of their people.

I guess at least I am getting paid. I just hate the fact that everything is always a game with them and they never want to even tie, let alone actually lose.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
lol I don't really want to sell it now, but I might for the right $$. My next move is going to be back to the other side of the country because living in the south is making me insane. So I'll probably do a pretty big downsize in possessions. I've already done a ton or cleaning and donating, but I'll need to leave here with less furniture as well. I love my car, but it depends on what comes next in life work-wise. If I keep my current job, I would be working from home.

·
8,098 Posts
Yeah... anyone that even almost knows me kind of a little knows I'm not spending P car money any time soon. It's always fun to dream tho.

Zac... congrats? Sorry? Both? Sounds like a shitty company to work for. I was on a call with my VP today talking about merit increases and trying to get salaries leveled out and aligned. I'm guessing merging a bunch of companies and people has left things out of whack.

My inbox keeps exploding this week and I have about 21 hours of calls. I guess it's good to be busy? 0_o

And I have to leave at 3 today to deal with some job change finance stuff. Neat... especially since my boss just added a call at 4pm.

·
100% Jakedashian
6,831 Posts
Still want a Porsche. Seeing a Cayenne parked outside of Dollar General with a completely flat tire and exhaust dragging on the ground gave me hope that I too can own the absolute worst example of a first-gen Cayman S. In literally any color other than black, please.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I'd rather have a really nice reasonable car than a totally busted luxury car that was once nice.

My car is immaculate. I bought it right off the showroom floor and will be heartbroken when she's gone one day, but if I end up working form home it won't make much sense for it to sit so much.

·
Murse Magnet
7,241 Posts
But isn't that the goal of every sports car owner. Work from home and only drive your car when you want to drive it and not because you need to drive it?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Sort of. I like for my car to really be more a want than a need but it kind of depends on where I move because not every part of the country has amazing roads. Plus things like taxes and tags and all that. Property taxes really high here but I don't mind because I get to drive the car everyday and enjoy it. I don't sit in a lot of traffic so I do actually get to make use of my car instead of just sitting.

2441 - 2460 of 2679 Posts