ClubRoadster.net banner

2601 - 2620 of 4430 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,582 Posts
I'd rather the yellow p5 than the c5. I'm really not a fan of the corvette look. I find the c7 to be almost acceptable and I really like the c8, but those still cost real dollars.

This is a car I've wanted since sitting in one like 5 years ago at the auto show. Cadillac ATS V. Not an 8 cylinder, but 3.6L V6 twin turbo putting out 464hp seems like it should do the trick. The one I wanted was like $73k fully loaded, they are going for about $36k now. Even though it's "slower" I'd definitely get the manual transmission too.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,097 Posts
That’s a broad brush, I think. I’d do just fine with a V8 TT Panamera.
VERY fair comeback. The Panamera is one of my automotive guilty pleasures. When I was thinking "anti-V8", I was thinking "anti-BMW-V8". You pointing out the Panamera confirmed that.
C4 vette-kart.

I'll see that and raise.

·
Administrator
15,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,607
My Murica bucks would buy me a loaded up Diesel Canyorado or Ranger.

Miss me with pretty much anything else.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,415 Posts
c4 sucker car... sucks. I've got a buddy with an exocet frame and a donor VVT car but I thin that's as far as it's come in a couple years. Just sitting there sad and lonely. Be bought that Yoder offroader and got distracted.

I'd like my next car to be something a bit more exciting to drive. I'm hoping that when our refi is done the wife will take my car and I can just go spend actual dollars on something. Doubtful but a man can dream...

Henry I'll be right over. We can stand in your garage (1) e46 from each other and sip whiskey after I wreck your MTB.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
This social isolation thing is tough man. Especially this time of year. I'm so bored and already restless from winter, and now that it's warming up I still can't do anything. I know we need to keep doing it. Just isn't easy.

If it was closer to 60 every day I'd at least take my Gsxr out. Instead I'm just sitting inside playing call of duty. I've played more games in the last two weeks than I have in a decade.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,187 Posts
I'd like my next car to be something a bit more exciting to drive. I'm hoping that when our refi is done the wife will take my car and I can just go spend actual dollars on something. Doubtful but a man can dream...
Supercharged Miata is VERY exciting to drive. Especially when you have to watch for cops pulling away from a light.

I'm very happy with having the wife's Camaro available for my American V8 fix. As for any other dream cars, I don't really have any. Couple of motorcycles maybe (Honda RC30 springs first to mind). Otherwise, it's like I told a guy at an Amway meeting my buddy dragged me to decades ago. He was going around the room asking folks what they would drive if money was no object. I told him the one I had. He came back and asked what that was (probably thinking it was a Vega or some such). When I said an RX-7, he went immediately to the next person. I just need to get her back in the world.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,415 Posts
Supercharged Miata is still little old Miata. I’d consider a 2.5 swap NC with a big boy adult seat and all the other goodies but would rather just have a useless backseat. I can throw stuff or a dog back there. I’m just getting bored and restless like cap, but on a grander scale.

I’m curious if we’re all socially awkward in a few more months of this. I was reading about isolation cells the other day so that may help.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
Supercharged Miata is still little old Miata. I’d consider a 2.5 swap NC with a big boy adult seat and all the other goodies but would rather just have a useless backseat. I can throw stuff or a dog back there. I’m just getting bored and restless like cap, but on a grander scale.

I’m curious if we’re all socially awkward in a few more months of this. I was reading about isolation cells the other day so that may help.
I was socially awkward before this started so fair bet I still am after.

I haven't drawn anything in a long time. Legit since we went to look at houses. I should do that soon.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,097 Posts
Any of you overlords have the ability to search in a way that doesn't suck? I remember the art thread...

View attachment 149898

I've been sketching more on the old Surface and curious who else might be. Sure there are forums for this stuff but that sounds terrible...
Very nice!

·
Resident BMW Apologist
2,707 Posts
That’s exactly my point - something fast, relatively cheap, throw away (because they made a million of them), and convertible. Too bad that it has to be an american car, but nothing japanese is really “fast,” and i’m not spending german V8 money.
German V8s are more affordable than you might think. Plenty of these for under 10k. I'm trying to decide between this or a Boxster.

2601 - 2620 of 4430 Posts