ClubRoadster.net banner

4061 - 4080 of 4229 Posts

·
100% Jakedashian
7,031 Posts
I mean more like I fixed the Miata yesterday, am fixing the Ducati today, am also building some furniture stuff around the house, also trying to clean, also about to tear into the Lexus. The garage will probably remain a mess for a while.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,392 Posts
Sorry Jake... this literally just popped up on my feed and I had to share. They got your age right just too much hair...

Apologies if you feel attacked.

But hey! It’s national rescue dog day!

From the day we made it official.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,031 Posts
Sorry Jake... this literally just popped up on my feed and I had to share. They got your age right just too much hair...

Apologies if you feel attacked.
Legitimately laughed out loud, then printed it out and hung it above my desk. Coworkers will appreciate it.

I have, however, finished two projects! The Miata and Insight are both effectively "done" now that the Miata has functional brakes, adequate suspension, and sticky tires. Perfect daily/track toy. The Insight is a refreshingly joyous beater that owes me nothing. I'm hitting the expected fuel economy numbers (58mpg calculated my last fillup), have no weird noises or sensations, and it's just a great little thing to putter around in every day. Problems? Yeah, it has a few, but none are show stoppers. Fuel gauge doesn't work, 2nd gear synchro is shot, permanent CEL due to a design defect with the exhaust and/or ECU, and the driver window seal leaks in a couple places. But it's a 20 year old hybrid Honda. Those are effectively non issues.

As far as the ninja, a friend of mine owned it. Needs some minor functional parts (airbox lid and filter cage, ignition cylinder/fuel tank lid, right side footbrake assembly) which cost less than $160 all-together and should all be here by next Friday. If you can't tell, it was a theft recovery but was recovered very shortly after being taken and doesn't appear to have been abused in any way that really matters long-term. Insurance is cheap enough that even with the myriad violations I'm able to put both Michaela and myself on here so now we can ride together once I have the Ducati back together, which will be great. Also, it's a freaking 2013 fuel injected bike that cost $600 and rode home wonderfully (albiet a bit lean due to the missing intake restrictions and a hole in the exhaust). I love these small sportbikes.

Amusingly, my friend I got the Ninja from ended up buying an SV650. I went with him to pick it up, sat on it, and sadly realized I cannot own an SV650. Too damn tall. Shame.

·
100% Jakedashian
7,031 Posts
People are talking about boycotting Menard's because they require masks and don't allow anyone under 16 to go in.

Meanwhile I'm absolutely stoked at the concept of a hardware store where nasty people can't cough on stuff and their nastier kids can't even come in the store. Take all of my money. I'm glad I spent my stimulus money there.

My very short buddy has an sv650. He may have lowered it a little. Dunno. He's not big though.
30" inseam, here. Big issue is I'm just not flexible enough to lift my leg over the seat easily.

·
8,392 Posts
Legitimately laughed out loud, then printed it out and hung it above my desk. Coworkers will appreciate it.

Also, it's a freaking 2013 fuel injected bike that cost $600 and rode home wonderfully (albiet a bit lean due to the missing intake restrictions and a hole in the exhaust). I love these small sportbikes.

30" inseam, here. Big issue is I'm just not flexible enough to lift my leg over the seat easily.
You're welcome. It felt right.

I mean... I kept saying buy a FI bike but I didn't mean like this. Asking for all of the unknown issues. Good luck.

32" inseam and rode the sv just fine. I think I could flat-foot it. And if my short fat a$s dad can throw hie leg over a bike, you can too, junior.

Wife is cooking breakfast. I want to be appreciative but it has cooked spinach and tomatoes. Dammit. Time to put my pretend face on.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
You're welcome. It felt right.

I mean... I kept saying buy a FI bike but I didn't mean like this. Asking for all of the unknown issues. Good luck.

32" inseam and rode the sv just fine. I think I could flat-foot it. And if my short fat a$s dad can throw hie leg over a bike, you can too, junior.

Wife is cooking breakfast. I want to be appreciative but it has cooked spinach and tomatoes. Dammit. Time to put my pretend face on.
Sorry about your luck my wife made me a bacon omelette. Today was okay.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,057 Posts
Jealous. I just realized I have no idea how to cook--at least I have no idea where everything is in the kitchen without having to ask a million questions. Kind of sucks because I was going to try to save the day by cooking dinner because my wife wasn't feeling good. Guess I'll be saving the day by picking up dinner. A small victory, but not the big one I was hoping for :(

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
How many cabinets does your kitchen have? I feel like you could just keep opening them until you find what you need.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,205 Posts
Crock pots are easy wins, bud. Requires a little food prep, but then you just throw everything in the pot and walk away. Something to keep in your back pocket if you feel like venturing into “cooking”...

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,175 Posts
Any thoughts on what it is? My wife's 2014 3 has had a few weird issues, each time caused by passing on a back road. I think it was a combo of downshifting to higher revs and hitting the rumble strips down the center line. Wouldn't go over 40mph but was resolved by a stop and restart. Curious what it ends up being.
Finally got my ass motivated to look at this. Been giving it some thought and figured the most likely culprit based on what I was seeing/hearing was an issue with a cylinder. Unplugging the coil packs one by one showed no change with the #4 cylinder unplugged. Just to be thorough I pulled the plug, had some trouble getting that out which gave me some palpitations because I was afraid maybe the plug was broken/threads damaged. Luckily it was just that these plugs use a very small socket (14mm) that is not one of the regular plug sockets I have. Pulled the plug out and the one for the cylinder next to it, both looked the same (only about 11,000 miles on them). Just to doublecheck I swapped the coil packs between two cylinders and the one that was faulty still gave the misfire on the different cylinder. So it's off to the dealer tomorrow for one coil pack, and I'll order a complete set from Rock Auto to swap them all so as to remove that failure point while I'm gone. Just glad it was relatively simple.

EDIT: After checking prices on coil packs, I just ordered the whole set from Rock Auto for delivery Friday. We can do without the vehicle until then.

·
8,392 Posts
EDIT: After checking prices on coil packs, I just ordered the whole set from Rock Auto for delivery Friday. We can do without the vehicle until then.
The stealership is the stealership for a reason. I'm guessing 1 coil pack from the dealer was 2.5 times the cost of 2 from Rock Auto...

I wish my kitchen was so big that I could cop out of cooking by saying there's too many cabinets. Must be frickin nice.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,057 Posts
How many cabinets does your kitchen have? I feel like you could just keep opening them until you find what you need.
It's not the number of cabinets. It's more that my wife was practically out cold because she wasn't feeling good, and I couldn't really pick her brain on how to make dinner and, quite frankly, I couldn't stand the thought of actually messing things up.

Crock pots are easy wins, bud. Requires a little food prep, but then you just throw everything in the pot and walk away. Something to keep in your back pocket if you feel like venturing into “cooking”...
Ironically, we had a crock pot recipe planned for this week. If I'd have known I would need to plan dinner this morning, I'd have done it easily. Trying to figure out a recipe I've never made in a kitchen that was recently reorganized with only an hour and a half until dinner time while trying to finish work and wrangle two kids, one of whom was alternating between "what's for dinner?", "can you play with me?", and "are you done yet?"...it wasn't going to happen.

·
8,392 Posts
Bryan you need to have like 3-5 dishes in your back pocket that you can whip up quick and either have on hand or easily accessible. For me that’s grilled anything, green salsa chicken, roasted veggies, tacos, and breakfast foods just off the top of my head. It’s ok to open a few extra cabinets or dirty a few dishes. Just clean your **** up the best you can.

My wife likes cooking and so she does most of the shopping and cooking. She also truly appreciates when I just handle it. Whether that’s cooking or ordering or whatever. Our deal is one cooks, the other cleans up. It’s balance.

You sound like you’re living in 1950. Share some roles and responsibilities. Communicate. Find your balance. This life isn’t one size fits all but we all need happiness and fulfillment. Talk about what that means and make it happen.

/rant

Walking Marge in the rain was kind of a moment of zen for me. Like I didn’t want to do it but I’m glad I did. Nothing else mattered. Nobody else out. Just us doing our thing.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,057 Posts
Bryan you need to have like 3-5 dishes in your back pocket that you can whip up quick and either have on hand or easily accessible. For me that’s grilled anything, green salsa chicken, roasted veggies, tacos, and breakfast foods just off the top of my head. It’s ok to open a few extra cabinets or dirty a few dishes. Just clean your **** up the best you can.

My wife likes cooking and so she does most of the shopping and cooking. She also truly appreciates when I just handle it. Whether that’s cooking or ordering or whatever. Our deal is one cooks, the other cleans up. It’s balance.

You sound like you’re living in 1950. Share some roles and responsibilities. Communicate. Find your balance. This life isn’t one size fits all but we all need happiness and fulfillment. Talk about what that means and make it happen.

/rant
We do share a lot of roles. I help with cleaning (did the dishes this morning, for example). Cooking is the one thing that's been largely her role mainly because she did Weight Watchers for years, and so she normally is particular about the menu--which is fine. That said, I was just caught in a situation where we only had ingredients for two meals, and one of them was a crock pot meal (meaning it couldn't be done on a couple hours' notice).

It's ok in the end. She was very grateful for me taking care of everything even if it wasn't optimal diet wise. I just needed to give myself a break (surprise).

4061 - 4080 of 4229 Posts