ClubRoadster.net banner

5061 - 5080 of 5189 Posts

·
Mufasa in Training
32,217 Posts
at least somebody else is watching the kids?
Oh yeah. My wife and my in-laws are watching them. It's just that there a bajillion things I'd rather be doing than working right now, but it's some very necessary testing and I can't afford to be off all week.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,356 Posts
Move to AZ and bring all your tools, please. I’ve been sitting on my hands with a few wood working projects mostly because it’s hot, but also because I don’t have the necessary tools to get it done as quickly and easily as I’d like.

·
Murse Magnet
7,377 Posts
Man I am feeling beaten down with bar prep. I am doing what I can, staying up till all hours of the night trying to reach my daily goals to get things done. I've spent countless hours on this stuff. Over the weekend I received a call from one of the deans at my school asking if I was ok with rona stuff because I had not completed as much stuff on my bar prep course as my peers.

Today I get an email from my bar prep advisor saying that I am behind my peers with bar prep studies and they attached forms in the email to submit so that I can break up the exam into half now and half in February of next year. I kind of feel like I am doing what I can and I am being told that it doesn't really matter you aren't doing enough so here is your consolation prize.

I know statistically if I complete more of my prep course then I have a higher likelihood of passing the exam and I know the school and the course have a vested interest in everyone passing what they set out to take because the school and course want to boast that their students had a higher rate of passing. But it does feel defeating when you are doing what you can and it isn't enough.

I am still trucking along doing what I can each day and I intend to take the exam in full come hell or high water but with each day that passes and with the number of cases of the rona in Florida increasing, it sure doesn't get any easier.

As it is now, we are all expected to take our exams in Tampa or Orlando at the end of July and hotels are already starting to cancel people's hotel reservations for the exams because of the corona virus, the Orlando test facility is currently a corona testing facility.

Long ramble I know. I currently do not feel good about the situation I am in. That is all.

·
I have all the correct opinions.
9,356 Posts
Sorry, man. It sucks to live through but it’s short lived - it will be behind you before you know it and you’ll have passed.

·
First Things First I'm The Realist
8,531 Posts
Wife and I were just talking about how a shop or at least a 3 car garage with 1 bag full of woodworking tools would be amazing. Jelly.

Andy you’ll be fine. You’re driven and dedicated. If I would have listened to all the bullshit over the years I’d probably either be a VP or a popper. Make your own path and do what ya gotta do.

Like 95% prepared for the trip. A few things to pack and then load up the car and roll out. Hopefully by 2pm tomorrow.

·
Murse Magnet
7,377 Posts
I appreciate all the nice and uplifting words. It just beats me down when my school is calling me saying hey maybe you shouldn't take the exam when their ulterior motive is to have as high of a percentage of bar passage rates and they'd rather convince the outliers to step down and to them, I am an outlier.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I appreciate all the nice and uplifting words. It just beats me down when my school is calling me saying hey maybe you shouldn't take the exam when their ulterior motive is to have as high of a percentage of bar passage rates and they'd rather convince the outliers to step down and to them, I am an outlier.
This seems exceptionally alarming because it's probably one of the bigger things you've had to contend with in life. You've put a ton of effort into getting to this point and anyone would worry about any sort of deviation. You're intelligent, driven, and have support; you will figure out a way to make this work if you want it. It may not happen exactly on the schedule you've laid out, but not everything does in life.

Worst case scenario, you wait until February and you're obnoxiously well prepared? You can spend six months sitting on your head. It seems like ages now, but it'll hardly register to Andy ten years from now.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
The pre health advisor at my wife's undergrad school tried to tell her she didn't have the gpa to get into any MD school and she should consider applying at DO schools exclusively. We were both pretty upset, since her grades fell into the average for a lot of different MD programs.

Then she took the mcat and did very well.

Then she got over a dozen interviews.

Then she got into a top 50 program, and I think four other schools as well. She didn't even wait to hear back from a bunch before she withdrew after getting into Miami.

Keep grinding. As you already know they're trying to protect their own interests, not yours.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,216 Posts
Move to AZ and bring all your tools, please. I’ve been sitting on my hands with a few wood working projects mostly because it’s hot, but also because I don’t have the necessary tools to get it done as quickly and easily as I’d like.
Ha, I'll get right on that. I hear you on the weather though, last saturday was disgustingly humid out here

at least a 3 car garage with 1 bag full of woodworking tools would be amazing. Jelly.
This is my set up, highly recommend

·
Super Moderator
2,594 Posts
I put an offer on a house two weeks ago that has a three car garage with power and water. It was basically my ideal set up. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom 750 square foot ranch with a sweet garage. But I got outbid by a cash offer. The housing market is wild right now. Anything decent around here is selling usually within the first couple days of listing, for over asking price and with multiple offers.

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I put an offer on a house two weeks ago that has a three car garage with power and water. It was basically my ideal set up. 2 bedroom 2 bathroom 750 square foot ranch with a sweet garage. But I got outbid by a cash offer. The housing market is wild right now. Anything decent around here is selling usually within the first couple days of listing, for over asking price and with multiple offers.
It was like that in FL. Everything we liked was going pending fast. We're lucky we got the house we got.

·
(⌐■_■)
2,216 Posts
It's like that everywhere. I dealt with that for nearly a year before landing my house 2 years ago. I can't imagine what it's like now considering people in NYC are moving out to the 'burbs in droves

·
Administrator
15,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,080
Zach seriously. Come be my neighbor. You could work for me, too. You know, just to make it extra weird. We'll put a gate in the fence.

5061 - 5080 of 5189 Posts